reef substrate

unlimitedbulliesjavie

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 21, 2014
Messages
95
Reaction score
3
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
has anyone ever used black substrate and if it makes a difference i really like the way it look jus wanna get other peoples opinions on it
 
Tryin to get you an answer here. Sorry I'm no help.
 
As far as I can tell, the major difference seems to be one of taste.

There is some impact on the amount of light being reflected back up, but I've never heard of it being significant enough to cause a problem.

Just be careful to get sand specifically for aquaria. The CaribSea's one called Black Moon (I think) is good.
 
Last edited:
I have black substrate it looks like gravel I want to say its called hawaiian lava. It's the first one I found that is not magnetic. It really makes the coral pop.
 

Attachments

  • 1393503970988.jpg
    1393503970988.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 104

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 4.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 6.7%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 19 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 27 30.3%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.1%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 10.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 5 5.6%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 11 12.4%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 7 7.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new