Reef Tank HOB Filter layering

zbk

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 5, 2024
Messages
17
Reaction score
10
Location
USA
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
48 gallons, will be a lps and softies tank and I will be transferring hermits and goby/pistol shrimp pair over so I will use media from that smaller tank to kickstart it. Starting with an aquaclear 70 but will upgrade to a seachem 110 once I save up. How do I layer it? The aquaclear was used for freshwater (it came with the tank when I bought it). It has a sponge, carbon bag, ceramic rings, and live rocks. I was gonna see if I can reuse the liverocks for the aquascape and maybe clean out anything else previously in the filter. So far I plan on layering (bottom up): sponge/seachem matrix/old media, chemi-pure elite, purigen, filter floss. Any help would be great!
 
You shouldn't need purigen yet but the layering sounds like a fine plan in the order you have it.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE BIGGEST REASON YOU ATTEND A FRAG SWAP?

  • Finding unusual or hard-to-find corals

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Better prices than buying online

    Votes: 2 40.0%
  • Trading or selling my own frags

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Meeting other reefers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Learning from vendors and hobbyists

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Seeing corals in person before buying

    Votes: 3 60.0%
  • Supporting the local reefing community

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • I don’t have frag swaps nearby

    Votes: 1 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new