reef tank recommendation?

xiaogezhang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Red sea Max S-650 or Reefer XXL 625 G2? or Waterbox Infinia 215.5?​

I have a 30G BioCube and plan to upgrade to a bigger tank.

for these 2 tanks, Red Sea Max S 650 and Reefer XXL 625 G2, which one should I choose?

max s 650 is a little bigger, and has everything I need. the led arm is integrated with the tank. the cabinet is aluminum.
reefer 625 G2 has thicker glass panels on all sides, and it's second generation should have higher quality? the cabinet is plywood. it doesn't have integrated power center while 650 has. Can I add one myself?
so I kind of like Reefer 625 better. with all additional equipment, it will be more expensive than Max S 650.
what's your opinion?
also the price seems to be same all around the web. is there any discount I can get?

there are Waterbox aquriums as well. How about those? their glass is Starphire glass, I don't know what it is. Is it better than the glass on Red Sea tanks?
people said they are cheaper. but I checked price, they seem to be more expensive. I'm interested in Infinia 215.5. If I buy this model, what additional equipment I need to buy? what led do you recommend for this model?

I also read lots of horrible stories about Red Sea reefer series get broken and leak. Does G2 series fix the issue? Is Waterbox better on the quality?

another question is, these tanks and cabinet are very heavy. How do you assemble it and put in place?

Who me?

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
between those options? personally I like the waterbox more. nicer all glass overflow and the plumbing just makes more sense in my opinion... The aluminum stand is nice too.
The red sea' s plumbing and sump is designed with the optional reefmat in mind (being able to easily plumb directly in without modification). That is nice but its not like you couldn't add a roller mat to the waterbox sump.

Have you considered the IM Nuvo INT ? The APS stand is the nicest I've seen and you can choose your own sump and under plumbing to really make it the way that best works for you.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Between those options, I’d go for a completely different one and pick myself a Cade S2 1500 ;)

Build like a tank using only aluminium and glass- and beautiful! And according to Cade, they have never experienced a failing tank!

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Although I do not have either tank, I have physically seen both the Red Sea G2 and the Water Box and they are both solid options in my opinion.

OP
OP
xiaogezhang

xiaogezhang

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
between those options? personally I like the waterbox more. nicer all glass overflow and the plumbing just makes more sense in my opinion... The aluminum stand is nice too.
The red sea' s plumbing and sump is designed with the optional reefmat in mind (being able to easily plumb directly in without modification). That is nice but its not like you couldn't add a roller mat to the waterbox sump.

Have you considered the IM Nuvo INT ? The APS stand is the nicest I've seen and you can choose your own sump and under plumbing to really make it the way that best works for you.
what's the difference between Nuvo INT and EXT models?

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I have purchase 5 Red Sea tanks in the last 1 1/2 years. I love them. My understanding on the defective tanks was a limited issue that was addressed. I haven’t used any of the others, but agree about the internal vs external overflow. As far as integrated power, I strongly suggest Neptune apex system as it has so many options.

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What did you chose? :p

CasperOe

In it to win it!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
after some research I decided to go with Red Sea S-850 G2. :)

I haven't bought it yet. maybe later this year.
Stunning looking tank! I hope you’re going ahead and that you will be happy with your choice! All the best!

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 42.2%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 20 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 31.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.4%
Back