Reef Tank Starting Over

rob2010

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a couple of questions.

1. I am moving 1500 so I will be starting a new reef tank from almost scratch. I say almost because I will be using some of my life rock to help get things going. I am also going to use Dr. Tim to speed things up. Should I mix up my own salt mix with my DI water or should I use the product that is already mixed and you just put it in the tank?

2. I have a chiller, but we are moving into a new hse with Central AC, should I still hook up and use the chiller.

KingTideCorals

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. If transitioning rock, I would use new water, and whatever water is in the bucket or holder with the rock.

2. If the house and location of the tank can stay cool, I think the AC can for sure give you a reason to not set the chiller up! But if you feel you should trust your gut!

OP
OP
rob2010

rob2010

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. If transitioning rock, I would use new water, and whatever water is in the bucket or holder with the rock.

2. If the house and location of the tank can stay cool, I think the AC can for sure give you a reason to not set the chiller up! But if you feel you should trust your gut!
When u say "new Water" Do you mean the stuff that is already mixed and in a box for sale?

Clear reef vision: How do you clean the inside of the glass on your aquarium?

• Razor blade

Votes: 162 61.6%
  • Plastic scraper

Votes: 69 26.2%
  • Clean-up crew

Votes: 91 34.6%
  • Magic eraser

Votes: 45 17.1%
  • Other

Votes: 69 26.2%
Back