Reef turned 5 months today how are these levels?

  • Thread starter Thread starter b4tn
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

b4tn

Valuable Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 17, 2015
Messages
1,679
Reaction score
2,227
Location
Columbia MD
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm dosing daily 15 ml of BRS calcium and soda ash. Weekly 5-10% water changes. It's a 75 gallon. Here are my levels

Mag 1280
Cal 420
Alk 9.1
PH 8.2 (at end of the day)

Phosphate and nitrate are normally unreadable as of 2 weeks ago. I couldn't test tonight because the test kits are in my sleeping sons room

Coral livestock is:
Pulsing Xenia colony
GSP colony
Monti cap frag (growing fast)
Flower pot (growing)
Trachyphillia (doubled in size)
Duncan (started with two large heads now has 7 baby heads)
Large hammer coral (seems happy. I don't notice any growth)
Favia (still deciding. It opens at night and mouths open to feed but it's light colored around the base. Only had it for about a month though)
3 Zoa frags (one has nearly over taken the rock it's growing so fast. The other 2 just seem to live)
 
Last edited:
I'd say they look good. Raise mg a little to like 1350 and keep nutrients low. A tiny bit oh po4 and no3 not bad IMO.
 
I'm dosing daily 15 ml of BRS calcium and soda ash. Weekly 5-10% water changes. It's a 75 gallon. Here are my levels

Mag 1280
Cal 420
Alk 9.1
PH 8.2 (at end of the day)

Phosphate and nitrate are normally unreadable as of 2 weeks ago. I couldn't test tonight because the test kits are in my sleeping sons room

Coral livestock is:
Pulsing Xenia colony
GSP colony
Monti cap frag (growing fast)
Flower pot (growing)
Trachyphillia (doubled in size)
Duncan (started with two large heads now has 7 baby heads)
Large hammer coral (seems happy. I don't notice any growth)
Favia (still deciding. It opens at night and mouths open to feed but it's light colored around the base. Only had it for about a month though)
3 Zoa frags (one has nearly over taken the rock it's growing so fast. The other 2 just seem to live)
Any pics?
 
Best I can get with my I phone most of these pics are a couple weeks old.


Here is a before and after of my monti but not the most recent.
1217d55e5d70f71bda918370dcce80c7.jpg

0d2da2d5be21fbd61a8c618678cc4f4d.jpg


263f71282d34d9c22677d57dcacc9d2a.jpg
375eea4987d041e9a73f26ba53b50651.jpg
f130b41b79a1e51ff3c93d7fcc70ee9c.jpg
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 8 32.0%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 12.0%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 7 28.0%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 6 24.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 36.0%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 20.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 4 16.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new