Status
Not open for further replies.

Joeganja

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to be honest to all of you. I've been messaged today a lot by members of the R2R team and they have really disappointed me. I've been on this club for about a year and today I've been messaged saying my username is inappropriate because of the meaning of it. My last name is Ganja and they assume I have it posted for promotion of drugs. Also they have told me that I post stuff making myself feel like an expert when I am not. I am not an expert at anything but I do have experience and I want to help anyone who's new to the hobby or needs help or advice. They keep deleting my posts saying I am breaking rules when I haven't done anything wrong. I would really like to have a say in this as they shun out any posts I put on this. I am very discouraged at what these so called team members are doing to me. So why out of all days now call my username in appropriate and message me about other stuff?!

Last edited by a moderator:

hybridazn

Acro killer.....
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I cant speak for the name thing, I had an idea that it was your name though.

But I feel that you are taking the other part a little wrong. They basically want you to post in other ppls threads and help them out that way instead of you making a general "help" thread. The point of a forum is for a community to help one another, your thread in question def had the feeling of your the only one who can answer questions in that thread and nobody else. Im not saying that was your intention but it def came off that way.

I hope this helped clear it up a bit.

And btw, posting private messages is a no-no. You should edit your post before it adds more fuel to the fire.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I for one thought it was a drug reference. I never took you seriously because of that.

Now that I know it's your last name I apologise.

ssdawood

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Also we forget that it's Revs sandbox so we play by his rules.

This is not a public forum where there is democracy.

It's a privately owned forum that follows rules made by the owner. Rules can change over time as the owner see fits.

Seems fine to me since he owns the forum.

So my advice is follow what he says. If you don't like then you can move on to the next sandbox to play.

This is just a friendly advice no hate. I know what you are feeling. But you are forgetting this a business owned by one person. He makes the rules

Democracy doesn't govern these boards.

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Joe, you were contacted via private message, and we certainly want to allow you to have your say. However, I also want to encourage you (as I would anyone who is a member here) to review the site terms and rules. With regard to the name, you have just stated that you understand that a lot of people get confused by your last name (which in this case we didn't realize was intended to be a last name). We would have been glad for you to have cleared up this misunderstanding privately (since it was addressed privately).

Furthermore, your posts that have been removed are in violation of the site terms and rules. This thread is going to be locked (at least for now), and I ask that you respond to the staff's messages rather than bringing this to a debate on the open forum.

Finally, we do value you as a member, and we appreciate your willingness to help others. I think you may have misunderstood the point of the message you received. Please contact the staff to continue conversation about the issues you feel need addressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Set it and forget it: Do you change your aquascape as your corals grow?

• I regularly change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 6 5.6%
  • I occasionally change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 28 26.2%
  • I rarely change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 53 49.5%
  • I never change something in my aquascape.

Votes: 18 16.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back