ReefandBeeR Custom Build 450g

ReefAndBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I decided to build the biggest aquarium in my mind so far and started doing something for it. The topics in R2R have helped me a lot and have helped me gain a new perspective. I apologize to all of you for my bad English, I use translation.
I have had many reef aquariums before, but this is the first time I have done so big. I can list the main information about the system I want to install as follows:

Main tank: 180x60x80 (h) cm
Sump: 240x55x55 (h) cm
PS: Reef Octopus SRO 5000
Head pump: Abyzz A200
Wave pump: 2x Gyre XF230
Lighting: 3x Radion Gen4 pro + 4x 54w T5

While doing this installation, I did quite a lot of renovations at home and tried to do everything myself whenever possible.

Installation related photos

1.jpg
2.jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5.jpg
6.jpg
7.jpg
8.jpg
9.jpg
10.jpg

OP
OP
ReefAndBeer

ReefAndBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When asterina stars multiplied in the aquarium and I started eating zoos, I took all the fragments I could remove and put them in sumpa. I've collected and discarded all the stars I can see but still the cubs continue to roam in the aquarium.

69-2.jpeg

I did a cleaning about 2-3 months after I started using Nyos 300.

73.jpg
74.jpg
75.jpg
76.jpg
77.jpg

OP
OP
ReefAndBeer

ReefAndBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is the current situation for now. Because of Covid-19, there is a ban on live imports to our country, and new living supplies have become very difficult. We try to provide live from our hobbyist friends who spoil their aquariums.

When 2 Gyre xf230s were insufficient, I added 1 Gyre xf250 so that the internal flow became more effective.

70.jpg
71.jpeg
72.jpeg

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Looking great !!!

OP
OP
ReefAndBeer

ReefAndBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Excellent build! I’ve got a couple of questions:
Where do you live?
How long did this project take you to get to this point ?

Thanks for sharing and keep it up!
I live in Izmir Turkey.
It took about 3-4 months without help alone to complete the installation.

alpburakozbay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, you have a very beautiful aquarium. The topic title caught my attention (reef and beer sound familiar and I rememder, I saw your topic in a local forum). Anyway, what was the reason you chose the protein skimmer brand Nyos?
As far as I know, it's an expensive protein skimmer (in TR). When people get to that price band here, they get Bubble King. Can you tell us about your experiences about protein skimmer?

OP
OP
ReefAndBeer

ReefAndBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, I am posting very detailed in the local forum. It was effective to see that it was used in tanks that were successful in choosing Nyos. I used Bubble King Double Cone 180 in my previous aquarium, but I thought it wasn't as good as praised. Therefore, my first priority was towards Reef Octopus. When I could not get performance from Reef Octopus, I decided to try Nyos 300. If this is not the solution for my nitrate problem, I will try BK Supermarine 300 again this time. But I don't think Bubble King deserves so much money because of its price. I can explain my experience with Nyos as follows: it has very quiet motors, a very large body, it is very easy to clean the collection container and it consumes less energy than it has two motors.

OP
OP
ReefAndBeer

ReefAndBeer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I added 40 liters of siporax in a barrel and turned the barrel into a reactor. I started to operate a 600 lt / hour pump by turning it down. On the first day, I couldn't aspirate with 50ml Fritz 460 monster and AquaForest Nitraphos, and did not cycle water one day, I started the pump the next day and started the cycle.

WhatsApp Image 2020-07-03 at 16.40.13.jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-03 at 16.40.13(1).jpeg
WhatsApp Image 2020-07-03 at 16.40.13(2).jpeg

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 131 87.9%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 6.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 4.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back