Reefandthecurious

Reefandthecurious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
fb05259484a088f0d42a229d4ed65f22.jpg

Blue tang getting beat up not sure if you can see in the photo. Towards the tail looks very chewed up. I also noticed that the blue tang rubs against the rock scape in a circular motion.

OP
OP
Reefandthecurious

Reefandthecurious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want to clear up your water get the appropriate number of bags of CHEMi pUrE from boyd enterprizes. not the elite or the blue version, just the regular. it does wonders and will keep fish healthy and ph in check.

i have used it for over 20 years and nothing but good results. when the time times to replace like every 3 moths, only change one bag at a time to keep bateria in the others.

I just bought Red Sea carbon and seapora filter floss. Wish I had seen your message before the purchase hopefully Red Sea will do the trick.

Last edited:

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just bought Red Sea carbon and seapora filter sock. Wish I had seen your message before the purchase hopefully Red Sea will do the trick.
Any Carbon will do to clear up water cloudiness and remove organics. The Chemipure just has some extra Resins in it.
Filter sock will remove large particulates.
Not sure what your sump/filter looks like, but put two baggies of Carbon in (back the carbon so it doesn't make a mess). One at the output of your tank (maybe inside the sock for good flow thru) and another to polish up water just before going back to tank. The first one will dirtier and used up quicker. Then 2nd will last longer.
Clean the sock whenever it starts getting plugged, by rinsing it reversed under strong tap water. Maybe even a brush to help clear out the pores.

OP
OP
Reefandthecurious

Reefandthecurious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any Carbon will do to clear up water cloudiness and remove organics. The Chemipure just has some extra Resins in it.
Filter sock will remove large particulates.
Not sure what your sump/filter looks like, but put two baggies of Carbon in (back the carbon so it doesn't make a mess). One at the output of your tank (maybe inside the sock for good flow thru) and another to polish up water just before going back to tank. The first one will dirtier and used up quicker. Then 2nd will last longer.
Clean the sock whenever it starts getting plugged, by rinsing it reversed under strong tap water. Maybe even a brush to help clear out the pores.

If u go to the first page of this thread I’ve posted up a picture if you need a clearer pic let me know.

WallyB

REEF Techno-Geek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If u go to the first page of this thread I’ve posted up a picture if you need a clearer pic let me know.
It's hard to see in the Dark Photos, but you get my point. Some Carbon (in a mesh baggie) in the Sock (inside the Sump Compartment so Water Draining from Tank goes thru it. (That will be enough).
If you want some extra polishing of water, another Mesh Baggie with (carbon) just before the Pump that returns the water to tank (just make sure the baggie doesn't get sucked into the pump and Damage it)

OP
OP
Reefandthecurious

Reefandthecurious

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I notice from time to time my blue tang robs against rock. Only in this area which is peculiar to me. It’s getting beat up pretty bad I’ve been trying to catch it but no luck always hides under the crevices of my rockscape. There’s no change in the appetite not swimming towards any power heads will keep on observing to see if their are any changes.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.5%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.9%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back