Reefapalooza Texas Oct 7-8

Reef A Palooza Texas

View Badges
Reaction score
Embassy Suites by Hilton Dallas Frisco Hotel & Con
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are 60 days away from Reefapalooza Texas! We are bringing the excitement from Orlando, New York, and California to the Lone Star State! The hottest corals, the coolest fish, guest speakers, the kids zone, and MORE! You can book your hotel and purchase tickets at
Reefapalooza Texas Shop
Countdown Graphics TX 2023_60.jpg

OP
OP
Reef A Palooza Texas

Reef A Palooza Texas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Reefapalooza Texas is a unique experience that lets you immerse yourself in the saltwater aquarium hobby, discover new products and trends, and connect with other reefers who share your passion.
Reefapalooza Texas is only 30 days away!
Purchase Tickets Here
Countdown Graphics TX 2023_30.jpg

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You know I am checking every day for that vendor floor map to be posted.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good-but I want more, more, more! I suspect some more will be added in the next month.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks pretty good-but I want more, more, more! I suspect some more will be added in the next month.
Almost half are non-live goods which seems like a lot more than last year. Hopefully more does get added because right now there aren't many more corals vendors than what is at our local frag swaps. At least zoanthids.com is listed so I have someone to annoy for an hour to two.

OP
OP
Reef A Palooza Texas

Reef A Palooza Texas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Almost half are non-live goods which seems like a lot more than last year. Hopefully more does get added because right now there aren't many more corals vendors than what is at our local frag swaps. At least zoanthids.com is listed so I have someone to annoy for an hour to two.
There are more vendors being added every day! Keep watching our socials for the vendor posts!

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a little disappointed by last year's showing and wished i went to aquashella instead... the frag swap earlier this year was pretty sparse. hopefully that isn't an indication that there will be less vendors than last year.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
a little disappointed by last year's showing and wished i went to aquashella instead... the frag swap earlier this year was pretty sparse. hopefully that isn't an indication that there will be less vendors than last year.
Other than Aquashella, they have all been horrible attendance wise. I made them all except for the one in January, had the flu and couldn't go. I went to the club one about a month ago and I don't know if there were 20 people there. Of course it had been going on for almost 2 hours so hopefully there were more when it opened. Same for the Tyree one. I don't know if 50 people showed up for it. Plus several vendors didn't show up. I don't get committing to something like that and then not showing.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Other than Aquashella, they have all been horrible attendance wise. I made them all except for the one in January, had the flu and couldn't go. I went to the club one about a month ago and I don't know if there were 20 people there. Of course it had been going on for almost 2 hours so hopefully there were more when it opened. Same for the Tyree one. I don't know if 50 people showed up for it. Plus several vendors didn't show up. I don't get committing to something like that and then not showing.
yea number of people in the hobby definitely went down in ntx. Last year's local swap was great.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
yea number of people in the hobby definitely went down in ntx. Last year's local swap was great.
I'm not sure if it is due to a decline in hobbiest or if it is because we now have a couple of big garage sellers that seem to do a really good business. I would say they sell just as much if not more than many of the lfs.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, doesn't look like much changed. I know a local vendor was removed and Clam Mania was added. If he was as expensive as he was last year then I won't be buying any clams from him.

OP
OP
Reef A Palooza Texas

Reef A Palooza Texas

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, doesn't look like much changed. I know a local vendor was removed and Clam Mania was added. If he was as expensive as he was last year then I won't be buying any clams from him.
No vendors were removed. We did have a vendor that pulled out of the show, but that was their request. We still have an incredible show lined with a variety of vendors, activities, guest speakers, contests, and more! I hope to see you there.

Jmp998

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I am looking forward to the show. My tank is full so I have to choose new pieces carefully, much easier to do when you can see corals in person rather than through photoshop filters. I’m hoping to score another Goni or two and maybe a higher end torch. I also want an orange hammer but that is really hard to judge in online pics.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No vendors were removed. We did have a vendor that pulled out of the show, but that was their request. We still have an incredible show lined with a variety of vendors, activities, guest speakers, contests, and more! I hope to see you there.
Bad wording on my part, but yes they aren't doing shows anymore. They don't have an online presence so the shows really weren't benefiting them.

My son and I will be there. He works nights so if you see someone stumbling around, they aren't drunk just very tired!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 36 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 13 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 29 12.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 132 58.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 16 7.0%
Back