Familiar faces in new places.
IMG_3090.jpeg

rtparty

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It was crowded when I got there around 1 but thinned out some by the time I left. Seemed like people were buying stuff which is good for vendors. Hydros is cool and I think will be on my next tank I am setting up soon. I did not realize the X10 has built in dosing pumps, that is a pretty good deal and very compact if space is limiting. Plus the Hydros is just so much nicer looking than the current Apex, which looks like it was designed by a blind man using discarded spare parts. Seriously I could not make the current Apex look uglier or junkier if I tried, whereas the Hydros looks relatively modern and sleek. I know function is most important in a controller, but I just don't want to pay $$$$ to put something ugly on my tank.

Nothing like slapping stickers on Amazon project boxes

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came back. Turnout was pretty good. Not a ton of livestock vendors tbh. Bought a couple small stuff.
It wasn't too bad. I spent way too much money but I knew I would. I couldn't turn down the vendor from NY that all the torches at good prices. Also picked up a few zoas and a bounce mushroom that is dark colored (son says it is dark purple) with bright orange bubbles on the rim.

Of course I could have spent a couple of paychecks on torches. I would get excited seeing the $90 and up on the side of the tank and of course every one I would point to would be $600 or $1200.

I did notice there were a lot of people taking photos of the coral. Some would stick their phone in front of you as you were trying to look at the coral, but for the most part everyone was very courteous and were waiting their turn. I was looking for Codybot but never saw him. I'm going back tomorrow. I showed Brandon a bunch of pics of my zoas and he picked out some he wanted so taking them up to him.

Rothric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had an amazing time and picked up some stunning coral!

Reefworks, AquaOps, Pop Corals, Unlimited Color Corals were some of the vendors I picked things up from.

Was great to meet @Lou Ekus from Tropic Marin! Fantastic talking with him and got some samples of the new Phos Feed. Excited to try it out!

Was crowded when I got there at noon, but had thinned out by the time I left around 230-3.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone happen to ask the prices of the clams from ClamMania? Just curious what they were this time around. He was too crowded to even really look when I went by and I completely forgot to go back before I left. I know last year everyone I pointed to was $200 to $350 and I wasn't paying that for a little 1 to 1 1/2 inch clam.

Opus

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Had an amazing time and picked up some stunning coral!

Reefworks, AquaOps, Pop Corals, Unlimited Color Corals were some of the vendors I picked things up from.

Was great to meet @Lou Ekus from Tropic Marin! Fantastic talking with him and got some samples of the new Phos Feed. Excited to try it out!

Was crowded when I got there at noon, but had thinned out by the time I left around 230-3.
This is the first time I haven't bought something from Unlimited color corals. They are usually at all the frag swaps locally. I already bought from them at both Tyree shows and Aquashella. They had some stuff I wanted but I ended up buying 3 torches from Jay's Exotic Aquatics and a Godzilla shroom from Zoanthids.com so I was broke by then.

afrokobe

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did anyone happen to ask the prices of the clams from ClamMania? Just curious what they were this time around. He was too crowded to even really look when I went by and I completely forgot to go back before I left. I know last year everyone I pointed to was $200 to $350 and I wasn't paying that for a little 1 to 1 1/2 inch clam.
I asked for a price check on a blue not full ultra grade and he told me $250. Just said thank you and left.
I did notice there were a lot of people taking photos of the coral. Some would stick their phone in front of you as you were trying to look at the coral, but for the most part everyone was very courteous and were waiting their turn.
Oddly this happened to me too a few times. I'm guessing we will see all the reefapalooza videos pop up on social media soon

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 27 15.5%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 11 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.6%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 24 13.8%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 99 56.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 12 6.9%
Back