Reefaplooza coral on a plane

teebucket

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 5, 2022
Messages
15
Reaction score
4
Location
United States
What state or country do you live in
Maryland
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I plan on going to reefaplooza this weekend and I'm traveling by plane (5+ hour flight across the country)

I'm hoping to bring home some coral however I'm not sure how or if I can even bring coral home with me as I'll be in California 2 days following the show end.

Is there any way for me to transport these corals home? How would I get them through TSA?

This would also be my first flight nor have I been through TSA before.
 
TSA has limits on how much liquid you can carry on a plane -- and you don't want to check coral as the checked baggage area usually isn't climate controlled.

It'd probably be easiest to overnight them to yourself.
 
Upvote 0

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 6 4.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 25 18.1%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 47 34.1%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.7%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 7.2%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 20 14.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 6.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new