ReefBot's Color Algorithms

Reef Kinetics

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ReefBot Pic 2.jpg
ReefBot is the only automated water testing device that can test all your tank’s essential parameters, namely: Alkalinity, calcium, magnesium, phosphate, nitrate, nitrite, ammonia, copper, and Iodine! ReefBot offers you full flexibility to schedule your tests to run whenever you want them to, allowing you to receive all test results remotely via mobile app.

To run these tests, the ReefBot relies on commercial off-the-shelf reagent test kits used by reefers all around the world, which can be easily inserted into the ReefBot’s vials. These reagent kits are based on solution colors resulting from a chemical reaction, which are usually observed and compared with the naked eye during manual testing. Through proprietary software algorithms, ReefBot actually carries out this task of observing and comparing the resulting colors on the user’s behalf, removing the uncertainty of comparing colors while simultaneously displaying the colors, giving the user freedom of choice and room for a second opinion. This feature of the ReefBot has completely transformed the experience of some users such as those who are color-blind, and who now have a chance to fully enjoy their favorite hobby!

This is not something we build and forget, however, as we are always working to further optimize our algorithms. We have recently applied some major improvements to the algorithms, which are now even better at indicating the true chemical concentration of the parameter the user wishes to test. Having said that, we always have to remind our users that the algorithms respect the kit resolution of the test kit brand you are using and cannot go beyond that level of accuracy.

As always, if you have any questions or feedback, please get in touch with us at [email protected]. We’d love to hear from you!

Download the Reef Kinetics Cloud Controller App:
apple-store.pnggoogle-play.png

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 134 88.2%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 6 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.0%
Back