reefbreeder prism ato issue

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I noticed that my ATO was no working. I cleaned the prism (vinegar soak and wiped with a microfiber cloth) and messed with the plugs. As I type I realize I can hook up a multimeter to see if there is power the whole way through, but that will have to wait till this evening or tomorrow after work. It also looked like there was some water in the prism, between the glass and the lens. The seals looked good and nothing was loose, but I did take some pictures that may or may not help.

Is there something I could be missing? is there a solution outside warranty that I should try?

OP
OP
Mschmidt

Mschmidt

Average Maybe
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Pic.
IMG_20230531_202216219_HDR.jpg

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last night I noticed that my ATO was no working. I cleaned the prism (vinegar soak and wiped with a microfiber cloth) and messed with the plugs. As I type I realize I can hook up a multimeter to see if there is power the whole way through, but that will have to wait till this evening or tomorrow after work. It also looked like there was some water in the prism, between the glass and the lens. The seals looked good and nothing was loose, but I did take some pictures that may or may not help.

Is there something I could be missing? is there a solution outside warranty that I should try?

edit:

Petcrazyson

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Is it possible too much air is being sucked in?

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Not sure how yours is but my solenoid has, on occasion, done the same thing. I disconnect the inlet hose and find some debris blocking the solenoid. I've had to clean it 4 or 5 times in the last 7-8 months that I've had it.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure how yours is but my solenoid has, on occasion, done the same thing. I disconnect the inlet hose and find some debris blocking the solenoid. I've had to clean it 4 or 5 times in the last 7-8 months that I've had it.
I have a couple of their sensors that I've replaced over the years. I may see if that's all they need.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All this talk about ATOs and mine stopped. Took off the tubing and it had scum in it again.

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Was packed well,
IMG_20230612_202312936_HDR.jpg

And just in time. My wife's water broke, so we're at the hospital 3 weeks early.
Good luck No Mo Faux Pa! My son was 4 weeks and 1 day early - technically premie because ofnth 1 day.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 66 37.3%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.3%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.1%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 27 15.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back