ReefBreeders Meridian acclamation mode fee

jabberkaycee

Aquatic Addict
View Badges
Joined
Jan 26, 2011
Messages
611
Reaction score
598
Location
Kingston, TN
What state or country do you live in
Tennessee
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I hope I’m reading this wrong, but for clarification, do I need to purchase a $200 lifetime membership to use acclamation or daylight features? Isn’t this considered a standard feature within this price point? I purchased a Meridian 35 and I am subscribed to ReefBreeders. This message showed up with the latest app update.
IMG_2313.png
IMG_2314.png
 
Saw this and it seems like they're trying to jump on the subscription model that's popular right now, i.e. give us more money for features built in after you already paid x00s for our light.

Hope it's a deterrent for other refers considering reef breeders. Sad to see this make it's way into the hobby.
 
Saw this on Reddit yesterday. My thoughts are that if you buy the light, all of the features should be included. This subscription model for hardware nonsense should be boycotted and shamed out of existence.
 
It does appear that this light kit is requiring a subscription and/or one time purchase to use certain features.

With regards to the one time fee - be aware as I have seen a company offer a life time purchase only to make a change and say it is no longer supported.
 
Liam responded quickly and explained that the acclamation mode is, indeed, part of the premium feature. It was communicated 18 months ago. However, I just purchased this light so I did not see that communication.My assumption was that it was included as a standard feature. While not happy about this at all, I at least now know that I wasn’t doing something wrong in the app.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 10 45.5%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 6 27.3%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 3 13.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 4.5%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new