Reefbreeders photon V2 review

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You won't be unhappy with T5. I am currently running an 8 build with some actinic LED strips.

That said, I would love to see what my tank looks like with 2x 24" reefbreeder v2 (30x30 cube).

Annnnnnnnd now I know what the photon looks like over my tank :) I ended up buying two and I absolutely love them. I have them hung about 20" up running something similar to the SPS AB+ (same percentages as the radion version). I see zero color separation. I am currently running 40% royal blue, 40% cool blue, 40% violet, 10%white, 10%red and 10% green. This is basically the SPS AB+ profile at 40%.

I LOVE the way the tank looks at 100%blues and 24%white/green/red so I hope to get there slowly.

Here are some pictures:

All channels 100% (this about about 500+ par most parts of the tank :-o)
dunno-2.jpg

My favorite blend (100 on RB, blue, violet. 20ish on whites, reds, greens) This provides around 350 par everywhere in the tank IIRC.
dunno-3.jpg

All blues 100%, 10% red and green, 0% white
dunno-4.jpg

SPS pics taken under the SPS AB+ profile.
dunno-5.jpg dunno-6.jpg dunno-7.jpg dunno-8.jpg dunno-9.jpg

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Annnnnnnnd now I know what the photon looks like over my tank :) I ended up buying two and I absolutely love them. I have them hung about 20" up running something similar to the SPS AB+ (same percentages as the radion version). I see zero color separation. I am currently running 40% royal blue, 40% cool blue, 40% violet, 10%white, 10%red and 10% green. This is basically the SPS AB+ profile at 40%.

I LOVE the way the tank looks at 100%blues and 24%white/green/red so I hope to get there slowly.

Here are some pictures:

All channels 100% (this about about 500+ par most parts of the tank :-o)
dunno-2.jpg

My favorite blend (100 on RB, blue, violet. 20ish on whites, reds, greens) This provides around 350 par everywhere in the tank IIRC.
dunno-3.jpg

All blues 100%, 10% red and green, 0% white
dunno-4.jpg

SPS pics taken under the SPS AB+ profile.
dunno-5.jpg dunno-6.jpg dunno-7.jpg dunno-8.jpg dunno-9.jpg

How are those mounts working out? Im trying to find a better way on hanging my V2 48"

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How are those mounts working out? Im trying to find a better way on hanging my V2 48"

Mount worked perfectly. I have switched to a floating canopy with t5 and kessil. Still highly recommend the photon as well.

chamjack

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running the same two lights over my 125 and really like them compared to my old t5’s. I don’t see any color separation either and I love the shimmer they give. I run mine approx 10” above the tank. That’s impressive growth you got in 3 weeks. :)

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been running the same two lights over my 125 and really like them compared to my old t5’s. I don’t see any color separation either and I love the shimmer they give. I run mine approx 10” above the tank. That’s impressive growth you got in 3 weeks. :)

That thing went nuts from a good 6 months. Got huge fast.

Neo Jeo

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So 10" is about normal then for the height?

pompeyjohn

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These look great. Thanks for the pictures. You have a beautiful tank.

With the lights that high, how is the spill into the room? I am looking for lights next to a couch and along side a TV - so I probably cant go that high.

What would you say is the lowest you could run them and still get good blending?

Thanks!

chargingxray

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks awesome! Have you seen the new ReefBreeders Photon V2+ that came out? They look really nice have been looking into them. I also really like the radions G4 but the price is what holds me back.

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That looks awesome! Have you seen the new ReefBreeders Photon V2+ that came out? They look really nice have been looking into them. I also really like the radions G4 but the price is what holds me back.

I liked the spread and color blending of the photons more than my radions. Have to hang the photons high for best results

chargingxray

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm in the market for some new leds I have ocean revives at the time. Crazy to hear you the RB over the Radions. Do the RB have good coral growth? I have an apex and like that the radions can be controlled with the apex always a hard decision

OP
OP
Velcro

Velcro

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I'm in the market for some new leds I have ocean revives at the time. Crazy to hear you the RB over the Radions. Do the RB have good coral growth? I have an apex and like that the radions can be controlled with the apex always a hard decision

I switched from the photon v2 to ATI t5 and saw no difference in color and growth. I think that says a lot for these fixtures

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 60 38.5%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 35 22.4%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 55 35.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 3.8%
Back