ReefBreeders Photon v2

RussellS

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2022
Messages
7
Reaction score
4
Location
Georgia
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having trouble connecting my reefbreeders photon v2 to WiFi. I have done all the steps. I have turned off the 5ghz network on my WiFi so it is only 2.4ghz. I can get it to run through and set up the light. But when I go to set the schedule nothing comes on. If I go back to light settings it says please reconnect to WiFi. Is there a reason it keeps losing connection? I am lost on what to do? I have tried to redo the setup multiple times. Please help
 
Maybe reach out to reefbreeders and see if they can help out. I have three of the v2 photons but have never had any issues with wifi. My router is only 2.4 tho I'm nut sure they act differently on a dual band.
I have dual band (5/2.4) and 3 photon's, no issues.

I am having trouble connecting my reefbreeders photon v2 to WiFi. I have done all the steps. I have turned off the 5ghz network on my WiFi so it is only 2.4ghz. I can get it to run through and set up the light. But when I go to set the schedule nothing comes on. If I go back to light settings it says please reconnect to WiFi. Is there a reason it keeps losing connection? I am lost on what to do? I have tried to redo the setup multiple times. Please help
Reach out to reefbreeders, they are responsive and will help you!
 
I have dual band (5/2.4) and 3 photon's, no issues.


Reach out to reefbreeders, they are responsive and will help you!
I’m going to reach out to reef breeders if I can’t get it to work tonight. Did you have to pause the 5ghz to connect to the light?
 
I had to disable my 5ghz radio in the router when initially connecting the lights, but once they are connected and working I simply turned the 5ghz back on and they stay connected.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.2%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 16.7%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 6 25.0%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 1 4.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new