ReefBreeders Pico LED V2 Stopped working

  • Thread starter Thread starter kdsands88
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

kdsands88

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 21, 2026
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
Location
Windsor, Ontario
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought a ReefBreeders Pico LED V2 Refugium from Detroit Reef Club on November 18, 2025. As of today February 21, 2026 the light will not come on.

There is no manual to understand the colors (Blue, Green and Red) from the inline controller. The controller is currently Green, but the light will not turn on. I am not sure if it is a timer issue and how to reset the timer.

What should I do?
 
I bought a ReefBreeders Pico LED V2 Refugium from Detroit Reef Club on November 18, 2025. As of today February 21, 2026 the light will not come on.

There is no manual to understand the colors (Blue, Green and Red) from the inline controller. The controller is currently Green, but the light will not turn on. I am not sure if it is a timer issue and how to reset the timer.

What should I do?
Well it " looks" like you can take the timer out of the circuit
Then it should light to 100%
unless the power supply is shot (likely reason for your problem)

Any 12v DC switching power supply rated 1000mA or more should do.
Looks like center is positive.
Specifications are on the wall wart.

https://reefbreeders.com/products/pico-led-parts
1000004409.png
 
As you can see from the above picture the ReefBreeders Pico LED V2 Refugium does not have a controller than can be replaced. It is part of the light.
 
Oops, looks like that was for ver1 not 2.
 
Thank you Logan from ReefBreeder for replacing my light under warranty. Yes it was the light, not the transformer.

Also, Thank you Zach from Detroit Reef Club to allow me to pick up the light in Detroit. This saved time and money to get a replacement sent to Canada.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT DOES YOUR REEFING AREA LOOK LIKE BETWEEN MAINTENANCE SESSIONS?

  • Clean and tidy—everything gets put away

    Votes: 3 42.9%
  • Mostly cleaned up, but a few tools stay out

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Organized chaos—I know where everything is

    Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Enter at your own risk! Buckets, hoses, and towels are basically permanent fixtures

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • It depends on where I am in the maintenance cycle...

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • The tsunami hit. Hard.

    Votes: 1 14.3%
  • A different take... (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new