Reefbrite XHO vs hydra 32 vs xr15

Shawn7854

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Feb 7, 2021
Messages
40
Reaction score
10
Location
Montreal
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi my tank is 48x11x8 inches.
8 inch height shallow tank and only 11inches front to back.

I went to lfs to buy Hydra 32 or XR15 but he told me i will have light spill everywhere which I did when I tried my hydra 52 before i sold it. Xr15 spread is 20x30 so this would spill i assume?

He then showed me REEFBRITE XHO Actinic blue on his tank and said for my tank it would be the only light and it will grow anything aince my tank is shallow and i will have good par everywhere?

Mostly LPS and few SPS

Please advise

20210204_204223.jpg
 
The Reef brites are very nice according to brs videos (they did so on the single strips not the new dual ones). Their hanging kit allows your to angle the individual lights.
 
The Reef brites are very nice according to brs videos (they did so on the single strips not the new dual ones). Their hanging kit allows your to angle the individual lights.
I bit the bullet and got 2 xr15 blue
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new