ReefDose 4 Review?

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 13, 2019
Messages
2,831
Reaction score
2,751
Location
Roseville
What state or country do you live in
California
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering goin from X1s to Reefdose 4's at some point, but kinda want to let the new pumps run their course and see if there are any known problems or how they are.

Anyone on here running them yet? What do you think?
 
Just added one a few days ago so I can't say too much about it. The quality and 'feel' is pretty nice.

It installed & connected fine and seems to be working as advertised. Totally silent after running a little. (mechanical break-in) I can't hear it running at all unless my head is in the sump. The tank is in my living room.

The app is pretty easy to use and connects up fast and consistently. I only use the dosing part of it so can't comment on the other stuff. There was a little confusion with some of the terms they use in the instructions. Once you use it a little they start to make more sense. lol

The tubing/mounting kits for it are really nice. The tubing is nice and is silicone-like. The tubing mounting rail thingys are great and they give you double sided foam tape if you can't/don't want to use the screws. The bracket that mounts on the sump that holds the tubing ends is a little small though. I think it will fit up to 1/2" glass. I use a 20 long sump and I had to cut the inside lip of the plastic rim to get it over.
 
Just added one a few days ago so I can't say too much about it. The quality and 'feel' is pretty nice.

It installed & connected fine and seems to be working as advertised. Totally silent after running a little. (mechanical break-in) I can't hear it running at all unless my head is in the sump. The tank is in my living room.

The app is pretty easy to use and connects up fast and consistently. I only use the dosing part of it so can't comment on the other stuff. There was a little confusion with some of the terms they use in the instructions. Once you use it a little they start to make more sense. lol

The tubing/mounting kits for it are really nice. The tubing is nice and is silicone-like. The tubing mounting rail thingys are great and they give you double sided foam tape if you can't/don't want to use the screws. The bracket that mounts on the sump that holds the tubing ends is a little small though. I think it will fit up to 1/2" glass. I use a 20 long sump and I had to cut the inside lip of the plastic rim to get it over.

So sounds good so far then?
 
How

How is it performing a few months in?

I have had a glitch here and there but overall its been good so far. Occasionally ge a message that the head didnt dose for some reason and I unplug it and plug it back in.
 
I have had a glitch here and there but overall its been good so far. Occasionally ge a message that the head didnt dose for some reason and I unplug it and plug it back in.

Thanks for the follow up! I'll be ordering one from BRS today.
 
Hello, how happy are you with it?
 
How happy are you with it?
 
Hello, how happy are you with it?

Mine has had a few hiccups and am receiving a warranty replacement on Friday. Overall, I really like what it has to offer and would purchase again. I did get mine on sale through BRS. Might want to wait until next month to see if there is a price drop for Black Friday, etc.
 
I've been using it since it came out and had glitches with the app/firmware but I think its the best bang for the buck it works very well and never had any major issues with it.
 
Set and forget literally for me. I've had mine running for 8 months. Other than changing bottles out and adjusting rates occasionally in the app its been hands off and worth the investment.
 
The Red Sea doser and app have potential, but the current state of the app makes the product nearly unusable. The app frequently “forgets” the doser and even the aquarium setup, forcing you to reconfigure everything from scratch each time you want to change a setting. This makes remote management impossible and extremely frustrating.

Until Red Sea resolves this issue, I strongly advise against buying this doser. The constant setup process is not just annoying—it defeats the purpose of having a smart dosing system.
 
How’s it holding up? Has the app issue been resolved?
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

HOW DO YOU USUALLY MOVE WATER DURING A WATER CHANGE?

  • Buckets

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A siphon or gravel-vac hose

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A pump and hose

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A dedicated mixing station

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A plumbed or automated system

    Votes: 1 16.7%
  • A combination of these

    Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Whatever container is clean at the time

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Water changes? We don't need no stinkin' water changes!

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new