ReefDose 4 Review?

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Considering goin from X1s to Reefdose 4's at some point, but kinda want to let the new pumps run their course and see if there are any known problems or how they are.

Anyone on here running them yet? What do you think?

takitaj

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added one a few days ago so I can't say too much about it. The quality and 'feel' is pretty nice.

It installed & connected fine and seems to be working as advertised. Totally silent after running a little. (mechanical break-in) I can't hear it running at all unless my head is in the sump. The tank is in my living room.

The app is pretty easy to use and connects up fast and consistently. I only use the dosing part of it so can't comment on the other stuff. There was a little confusion with some of the terms they use in the instructions. Once you use it a little they start to make more sense. lol

The tubing/mounting kits for it are really nice. The tubing is nice and is silicone-like. The tubing mounting rail thingys are great and they give you double sided foam tape if you can't/don't want to use the screws. The bracket that mounts on the sump that holds the tubing ends is a little small though. I think it will fit up to 1/2" glass. I use a 20 long sump and I had to cut the inside lip of the plastic rim to get it over.

OP
OP
MichaelReefer

MichaelReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just added one a few days ago so I can't say too much about it. The quality and 'feel' is pretty nice.

It installed & connected fine and seems to be working as advertised. Totally silent after running a little. (mechanical break-in) I can't hear it running at all unless my head is in the sump. The tank is in my living room.

The app is pretty easy to use and connects up fast and consistently. I only use the dosing part of it so can't comment on the other stuff. There was a little confusion with some of the terms they use in the instructions. Once you use it a little they start to make more sense. lol

The tubing/mounting kits for it are really nice. The tubing is nice and is silicone-like. The tubing mounting rail thingys are great and they give you double sided foam tape if you can't/don't want to use the screws. The bracket that mounts on the sump that holds the tubing ends is a little small though. I think it will fit up to 1/2" glass. I use a 20 long sump and I had to cut the inside lip of the plastic rim to get it over.

So sounds good so far then?

SPS2020

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hello, how happy are you with it?

Mine has had a few hiccups and am receiving a warranty replacement on Friday. Overall, I really like what it has to offer and would purchase again. I did get mine on sale through BRS. Might want to wait until next month to see if there is a price drop for Black Friday, etc.

Betex

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using it since it came out and had glitches with the app/firmware but I think its the best bang for the buck it works very well and never had any major issues with it.

flashsmith

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Set and forget literally for me. I've had mine running for 8 months. Other than changing bottles out and adjusting rates occasionally in the app its been hands off and worth the investment.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 113 87.6%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.2%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 3.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back