Reefdose4 connectivity

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

MajorKook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I got a notification on my app that I have a connectivity issue. My reefdose4 shows the wifi light is on and power is on. But on my app, I'm getting no connectivity. How do I reconnect?

I recently replaced my router with a dual band and have both 2g and 5g on. The reefdose was working fine for about a month, but last night got this error.

If I remove the device and reconnect, do I lose all my setting on the reefdose? Thanks.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Last time I removed the device and re-added it saved my settings.
Did you try to restart the device first?

Also, just to make sure it's actually connected to your local network, when you scan for wifi around, do you happen to see it as an access point?

OP
OP
M

MajorKook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, I have removed the device from device manager in the app. I put the Reefdose into wifi connection mode, light is blinking. When I try to re add it, I can't connect to it. The app says connection unsuccessful. I have connected directly to the access point and have the wifi connected symbol in my phone. Anyone else have this problem before?

OP
OP
M

MajorKook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right after I choose to add the Reefdose 4 and it says to connect my iPhone to the device and enter in password, and click the next button, an error message pops up saying "unsuccessful connection"

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Are you pressing the settings button on the device till the LED starts blinking?
Are you sure you chose the correct access point in the iPhone settings?

OP
OP
M

MajorKook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes, LED is blinking and double checked the access point is the same one with number on back of the reefdose

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OK, it seems like the phone itself fails to connect to the access point.
In settings, where you choose the network there is a small arrow next to the name of the network.
Click on this little arrow and choose the option the to forget this network, disconnect the device from the power grid for 30 seconds and then try again.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I understand, you need a dedicated 2.4GHz network. Dual-band routers are fine - but they need to have both a 2.4GHz and 5GHz network (separate logins). This is one of the reasons I've kept my older network gear in-place.

Hopefully that's not the issue in your case.

DanyL

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From what I remember, you need a dedicated 2.4GHz network. Dual-band routers are fine - but they need to have both a 2.4GHz and 5GHz network (separate logins).
It's somewhat a misconception due to a bad setup design some companies employ.
As long as the scanning is done through the device itself and not on the phone (like was done with ReefDose), it should work fine even when both networks use the same ssid and password, that is because each network still owns a unique bssid.

But we're not even at this stage yet.

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
FWIW, I had similar set up issues when I first had my RD4. I never managed to diagnose the actual problem but managed to connect simply be repeating the steps over and over! IIRC I had similar issues connecting my ReefLED's aswell.
I have had alerts about loss of connection since then but the RD continues to operate as before. It's always been associated with internet drop outs but, in my case, it has always reconnected.

Crepeman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi, I got a notification on my app that I have a connectivity issue. My reefdose4 shows the wifi light is on and power is on. But on my app, I'm getting no connectivity. How do I reconnect?

I recently replaced my router with a dual band and have both 2g and 5g on. The reefdose was working fine for about a month, but last night got this error.

If I remove the device and reconnect, do I lose all my setting on the reefdose? Thanks.
Just had the same problem with 2 reef doses and one wave maker from RedSea. Took forever to reconnect,and what I did is
1 disconnect router and modem for 2 to 3 minutes
2 unplugged all devices.
3 delete my aquarium and then rerenter as a new aquarium,but under the same name.
4 delete all devises on IPhone and IPad settings
5and then replug router and modem, plug in devices one at a time ,and voila,it connected to the internet right away just like a original set up,
You will have to recalibrate all heads since its like a new set up.
good luck

OP
OP
M

MajorKook

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm still having connectivity issues with my reef dose. After a few days, I get a notification saying that I have a connectivity issue and I can't connect to my reefdose with my reefbeat app. The only way I can reconnect to the Reefdose is if I delete the device from Reefbeat, unplug power from the reefdose, plug power back in and then add the device all over again in the reefbeat app. And then a few days later, I get a connectivity issue notification. Anyone else having these problems?

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, I'm still having connectivity issues with my reef dose. After a few days, I get a notification saying that I have a connectivity issue and I can't connect to my reefdose with my reefbeat app. The only way I can reconnect to the Reefdose is if I delete the device from Reefbeat, unplug power from the reefdose, plug power back in and then add the device all over again in the reefbeat app. And then a few days later, I get a connectivity issue notification. Anyone else having these problems?
Have you tried just restarting the router? It's a pain but might save having to add it to the App over and over. My Reefdose only has issues with my wifi signal rather than the actual connection to the router.
I run a WiFi booster in the room where my DT is. My ReefLed lights are fine on the main router but the reefdose won't stay connected without the booster. I assume that being in the cabinet, albeit with a big hole in the back, is enough of a barrier to restrict the signal.

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 17 7.9%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 37 17.1%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 145 67.1%
  • Neither.

Votes: 11 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.8%
Back