OP
ReefDVMs

ReefDVMs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has the tank arrived yet?

Sorry to say not yet, this week has been crazy, reef a palooza and such going on has delayed us a bit. We finished a quick vid on the cementing of our PVC lines to answer questions people had on that, we have talked to Reef Savvy on how the special tank bottom is coming and we have started wiring up things like the camera system and the apex for it, but we dont have the tank yet=( On a side note we have been at this project for years now so I can wait a few more months and then call it a heck of Christmas gift right=)
[video=youtube_share;cr7Qr7w3Jhw]http://youtu.be/cr7Qr7w3Jhw[/video]

OP
OP
ReefDVMs

ReefDVMs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are getting excited, Reef Savvy has shipped our crates out today, will not be long and the next few weeks to a month we will be knee deep in our build=)
1398414_567100146678238_816964262_o.jpg

OP
OP
ReefDVMs

ReefDVMs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are trying to keep everyone posted. Our dream tank and stand and such we ordered a year ago is finally here, all the options are developed released and on the tank finally and the shipper just gave us notice of its arrival today. Yes its Christmas here today on the farm and we are expecting a lot of work to start very soon after its arrival=) We will try to video it all.
Capture.jpg

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Very cool can't wait!

OP
OP
ReefDVMs

ReefDVMs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay we started on a rough note, in Minnesota the weather here has been cold and the rain and snow made the driveway soft, so soft the trucker got his 23 ton rig buried, with the tank and cabinet in it, our 4 ton tractor couldn't even pull him out.

That didnt stop us we still got the load off after the wrecker came. It came undamaged by the grace of the good Lord, wow what a stress.

We also got it unload and with the help of Kevin my bro and Jason and Karl my friends its in the house. Total weight of the RSavvy tank and cabinet was about 1000lbs

Yes still unstained and wrapped on the cabinet and the tank is shrink wrapped yet but its all in the house on the ground which is good. We will start lots of parts of this build and if able post pics or vids as best we can in the next few days to week.

OP
OP
ReefDVMs

ReefDVMs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah your right it was an ordeal, but the tank is looking good, i hope to post more pics soon once work slows and time frees up more.

OP
OP
ReefDVMs

ReefDVMs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Been a long week but we are working on the tank again, the first part was getting ready with plumbing and now today we spent hours staining it, oak red to match the wood in the house. Next up will be polyurethane.
11-24-13 (22).jpg
11-24-13 (23).jpg
11-25-13 (1).jpg
11-25-13 (2).jpg

OP
OP
ReefDVMs

ReefDVMs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We are still making progress, the build is moving along nicely. We are 3/4 the way done with plumbing and then we had a little change for the better. Rick at Synergy reef help set us up Ghost gen 2 overflow. It rocks.
[video=youtube_share;sjL9U6sXI7w]http://youtu.be/sjL9U6sXI7w[/video]

Mallard

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know what the difference is in the gen 2 version? First I've heard of a revision.

OP
OP
ReefDVMs

ReefDVMs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yah the video shows the difference between the two, the gen 2 is open for viewing much more on the backside of it, this allows better monitoring of the system especially in tight locations like I have where visibility is compromised by the wall.

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 57 40.7%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 29 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 49 35.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.6%
Back