Reefer 170 sump water levels

  • Thread starter Thread starter MasA07
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

MasA07

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jun 25, 2026
Messages
11
Reaction score
46
Location
poolville
What state or country do you live in
Texas
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20260727_144958_6819BC2E-3C97-4E10-ABD8-A6BB9BFF306B.png

Good afternoon all, trying to dial in my sump and water levels and needing suggestions on where the water levels should be. I’m using a reefmat 250 instead of the filter socks.
 
20260727_144958_6819BC2E-3C97-4E10-ABD8-A6BB9BFF306B.png

Good afternoon all, trying to dial in my sump and water levels and needing suggestions on where the water levels should be. I’m using a reefmat 250 instead of the filter socks.
I realize it's been a minute since this thread was started, but I'll try to help. IMO the water level looks a bit low. My understanding is that Red Sea recommends keeping the normal sump level somewhere between the ReefMat’s inlet port and about 1 inch below its water-level sensor. I'd aim for somewhere around that level, and I personally would try to keep as much water in the sump as makes sense (you'll want to test by turning off the return and making sure your sump can hold the water that flows back out of your plumbing). Hope this helps!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 10 35.7%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 21.4%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 10.7%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 8 28.6%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 25.0%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 32.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 17.9%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 6 21.4%

New Posts

Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new