Reefer 170 Wavemaker Opinions

FriendoFish

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Jan 19, 2020
Messages
109
Reaction score
31
What state or country do you live in
Georgia
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi! I’m currently in the process of fixing up my Red Sea Reefer 170 after graduating from college and returning home. I currently have an old mp40 (the ES kind with the white driver) in the tank, but the driver is messed up (all the lights are on). The mp40 is otherwise working, but even on the lowest setting, the corals (just some softies—GSP, zoas, and a leather coral) and fish (2 clowns) don’t seem to like the flow. Before going and buying a new driver, I was wanting some opinions on whether I should switch out for a smaller wavemaker or perhaps a different type (like a gyre or something)? I don’t know much about wavemakers to be honest, but I don’t plan on keeping SPS so I really don’t think I need so much water flow, but I’m not sure. Thanks for any help y’all can provide!
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 6 18.8%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 10 31.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 7 21.9%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 28.1%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new