Red Sea REEFER 250 ALL Pre-Conditioned and most CAPTIVE-BRED Fish, SPS, Zoanthids. Slow Poke Reef. WE HAVE WATER!! start page 61.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I posted in the Aquascaping forum asking where I can get acrylic rods for aquascaping. Anyone reading this thread know?
Perfect I can cut this down to length with my mighty mite table saw.
1FE44413-6713-4715-885E-DEAA553D707F.png

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading some posts on the Official Neptune Group on Facebook, I may have done a booboo on the IKEA fan. A guy there said not to blow air INTO the cabinet where moisture and dust will get in and rust everything. He went on to say blow air OUT. My fan is on the bottom of the cabinet and I’ve been building my cabinet to pull air in through the top and blow out the through bottom. I originally was going to pull air in through the bottom and out the top. But the dust that hovers and floats just on the surface of the floor would get sucked into the fan if I pulled air in through the bottom I figured. Anyway I do it moisture will get into the cabinet. I believe it’s inevitable and that cooling the cabinet is priority. I have my fingers crossed.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@powers2001 WOW!! This is one awesome build! Everything is coming together beautifully. One day I hope my tank will have as much automation as your is going to!!
@RL6723 thanks for the comments. I really like working on the tank it gives me a lot of serenity and peace of mind. How long does it take for the E Marco 400 to dry enough to put it in water? I might use it with aquacultured liverock that usually has a lot of life on it and I won’t want the rock out of water too long.

RL6723

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RL6723 thanks for the comments. I really like working on the tank it gives me a lot of serenity and peace of mind. How long does it take for the E Marco 400 to dry enough to put it in water? I might use it with aquacultured liverock that usually has a lot of life on it and I won’t want the rock out of water too long.
@powers2001 they claim it is able to be handled in an hour and will cure underwater, but in my experience an hour wasnt enough unless I was really careful and didnt try to pick up a heavy piece. I cemented it and let it cure for about 5 days, but I was using all dry dead rock. I think it would be quite difficult to work with on live rock being that you have a limited amount of time before things start to die off. Id probably use rods and water weld or something similar if I was in your shoes. Ive re-done a live rock scqpe like that before and it was not too bad

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@RL6723 if that’s the case with Marco drying I probably wouldn’t want to use it with aquacultured liverock. Maybe with Tunze Coral Gum instead but with something that has a much shorter drying time.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After reading some posts on the Official Neptune Group on Facebook, I may have done a booboo on the IKEA fan. A guy there said not to blow air INTO the cabinet where moisture and dust will get in and rust everything. He went on to say blow air OUT. My fan is on the bottom of the cabinet and I’ve been building my cabinet to pull air in through the top and blow out the through bottom. I originally was going to pull air in through the bottom and out the top. But the dust that hovers and floats just on the surface of the floor would get sucked into the fan if I pulled air in through the bottom I figured. Anyway I do it moisture will get into the cabinet. I believe it’s inevitable and that cooling the cabinet is priority. I have my fingers crossed.
I’ll tell you all about more of the thoughts I’ve had with this IKEA fan. First I knew I didn’t want it on the top or front side of the cabinet for the simple reason kids could see it and be tempted to stick an object into it thereby destroying it. If it was on the backside or bottom a kid probably would less likely to reach around back or down underneath to mess with it. Now thoughts about it on the back. I was originally toying with ideas of mounting both the IKEA and UV sterilizer on the end of the Reefer stand so I left that option out because there wasn’t room enough for the cabinet, UV, and fan. That just leaves me with putting the fan on the bottom. I drilled an air intake hole on the top of the IKEA with a 2” hole saw and will cover the inside side of it with some type of small holed screen to keep things from falling into the cabinet.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well the paint on this mounting board is as dry as it’s going to get after two weeks. I only chipped the paint in one small place during installing these grommets.
D73B236A-D7F7-4269-8337-25CB0D44BBBA.jpeg

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@powers2001 looking great!! I love the orange to match all the Apex gear
Thanks @RL6723 I’m trying to achieve a sort of appealing, professional look and design to the whole thing. I want to impress people with not only the livestock but the whole design.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watched Neptune's YouTube channel periodical talkshows "Let's Talk Reef". They're discontinuing the WXM module. They stopped producing them and once they're gone, they're gone. They also said if you plan to continue using them you might want to buy a backup module in case yours goes bad. That's what I did today. Bought a backup WXM for my Radions.

OP
OP
powers2001

powers2001

started reefing 1999
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ORA = Oceans, Reefs, and Aquariums has two new captive-bred dwarf angels in their offerings: the Cherub Pygmy Angel and the Pygmy Flameback Angel. I’ll be getting a CB dwarf angel of some kind.
B4E7E0B8-931D-4A19-8397-8F4E72A66250.png

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 54 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 48 35.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 5 3.7%
Back