OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
tank looks great....
how long does the clarisea roll last you?
Thanks for the comment.

I am running the control valve at the bottom complexly closed so will last about 8 weeks maybe little longer if I not stirring the sanded . If I run it 1/4 open I can get 3 months even longer sometimes. I really like and makes tank maintenance easer and less. Do you have one?

kamla

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks for the comment.

I am running the control valve at the bottom complexly closed so will last about 8 weeks maybe little longer if I not stirring the sanded . If I run it 1/4 open I can get 3 months even longer sometimes. I really like and makes tank maintenance easer and less. Do you have one?
i am thinking about it..
in the planing stages for a Water box 90.3

is there any smell?

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i am thinking about it..
in the planing stages for a Water box 90.3

is there any smell?
not really... it dries as it rolls so that helps a lot. If I get down there like 4 inches from it there is some funk :p But over all cannot smell it outside of the cabinet. Also remember I am running the valve completely closed so its stripping a lot of junk out of the water column

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
More pics of the tank today. Was able to get some nice top down... Been running Reef Moonshine process by @PSXerholic

ASD.jpg
Blueberry .jpg
Chunky .jpg
Chunky 2.jpg
Crazy Wild Acro .jpg
OP.jpg
Purple Tip .jpg
Sunsit Monti.jpg
The Think .jpg
Wide shot .jpg
Yoda Acro.jpg

https://www.reef2reef.com/members/psxerholic.60028/report

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW .. show off :p..

looks great ... !!!!!

Can you talk about your CO2 scubber set up?
how long it lasts, how much it costs..
Thanks tank is doing pretty good right now :cool:

The Co2 scrubber I have got from BRS and it holds right around 650ml of media (so not very big) and the cost was pretty cheap. During the summer it will last about 7-10 days depending on how much I keep doors and windows open. Right now its not all that good about every 2-3 days I need to replace media. With the house closed up, running heater since its winter, we putting off a lot of Co2 within the house. I do buy the media in bulk at 5 gallons which so much cheaper then through the aquarium online stores or LFS. I can tell it made huge difference in my PH and coral growth. Since adding the scrubber and keeping up on changing it my alk and cal are significant higher. I am looking at what options are out there for a much bigger scrubber so I don't have to change as often.

Hope this helps if not ask away

20201216_110521.jpg
20201216_105805.jpg
1.jpg

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WOW what great shots...

i guess these are not Phone pics :)
Hi there.. They are phone pics but using the very expensive Samsung s20 Ultra with orange filter.. I adjust the WB little when taking the pic to pull out the LED blue.. Glad you liked em.. Just got to get em to grown :) Several are top shots which give you the best pic in my opinion

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Beautiful tank!!!! I have to read through this thread when I have more time but have to ask if you have had any more icp tests to verify the arsnic? I think you are also in my area and that is freaking me out to be honest. Never heard of that on one of these tests and am wondering if I need to test my drinking water, forget my fish lol.

OP
OP
Dal-Reef

Dal-Reef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautiful tank!!!! I have to read through this thread when I have more time but have to ask if you have had any more icp tests to verify the arsnic? I think you are also in my area and that is freaking me out to be honest. Never heard of that on one of these tests and am wondering if I need to test my drinking water, forget my fish lol.
Thanks for the comments. I am in Coppell up by DFW Airport. I send an ICP once a month but only doing tank water and my RODI water does arsenic get through RODI filter?

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the comments. I am in Coppell up by DFW Airport. I send an ICP once a month but only doing tank water and my RODI water does arsenic get through RODI filter?
[/QUOTE

Im out in Keller and did an icp test few years ago but dont remember seeing arsenic. I will have to look that over again. Wonder if it was even in tests few years ago. I know its naturally occurring and probably in very small amounts considered “safe” but I would have thought it wouldn’t show up after being through an rodi. Of course I had to do quick search for arsenic in dfw area water and yes there are plenty of articles about it :-(.

moreef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I know in Coppell I remember seeing a small trace amount on the city water report. We filter our frigging, and drinking water. May do an icp just on our filtered tap water just to see

Im thinking of doing same. You have an absolutely beautiful tank. Love the video updates and hope my tank will be like yours someday. Happy New Year!!

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 42 16.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 16 6.3%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 11.7%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 148 57.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 19 7.4%
Back