Reefer 250 pump adjustments

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Duberz

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Ecotech Vectra S2 on my reefer 250. I can't seem to turn it up much without running the sump dry. Should the overflow adjustment be high or low to allow more water into the sump to keep up with the pump?

splitting_lanes

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmmm, the overflow adjustment is for noise, so try opening it up all the way, set your pump speed where you want it, then use the adjustment on the overflow to quiet the gurgling.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would fully open the gate valve then turn pump to were you want it then slowly close till there is no more gurgling sound. The stock valve IMO is a pain in the rear end

kyleorso

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im running the S2 on my recently setup Reefer 250. Be sure to go thru the return pump calibaration which sets the min and max pump speeds that your overflow can handle. Then the max you set becomes the highest you can turn the pump so you cant overflow the display or run the sump dry.

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would fully open the gate valve then turn pump to were you want it then slowly close till there is no more gurgling sound. The stock valve IMO is a pain in the rear end
Do they make a different valve you can put on the reefer 250 in place of the stock. It surely is a pain in the butt. Probably the only thing I don’t like about my reefer.... when my filter floss gets clogged the overflow is always a pain to get back to the right level.

Reef man 89

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do they make a different valve you can put on the reefer 250 in place of the stock. It surely is a pain in the butt. Probably the only thing I don’t like about my reefer.... when my filter floss gets clogged the overflow is always a pain to get back to the right level.
You can replace it will a spears gate valve from BRS. BUT you will need to convert the metic plumbing to standard in order for it to work. I am going to do this in my 250. I am sick of the the stock one i need to adjust once or twice a week. I am using the RO various-4 for my return

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Check out my build of Reefer 250. I use spear gate valve. Mine is M2. I think S2 is too much for Reefer 250.

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be, right now the biggest pain is getting all the components in a timely fashion. If you are just doing the main drain it should be easier.

ReefAddiction34

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It can be, right now the biggest pain is getting all the components in a timely fashion. If you are just doing the main drain it should be easier.
Yea I just want to change the valve out to make adjusting easier... takes like 40 dang minutes to let it adjust and readjust.. so annoying.

DungSl1nger

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yea I just want to change the valve out to make adjusting easier... takes like 40 dang minutes to let it adjust and readjust.. so annoying.

The gate valve has been better, I also upgraded the sump and return pump so it took some time to figure out but it has been a set and forget feature

Phil D.

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have the E-260 which is similar to the 250, I have my gate valve set at the 7 o'clock position and just us e the controller on my Vectra, which is set at 6 LEDs on.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks I will try
Did you try it? It is happening to me too. I would set the pump speed to what you want and then set the water height in the overflow box to your liking, and then add more salt water to the sump to the height that you want as it will bring the water height in the return chamber up.

Acrofiend

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
If you have the V3 model it’s common for the overflow water height to fluctuate.
If your return chamber is running dry you turn the valve counter clockwise to open the main drain. If you’re still having issues add more saltwater.

Last edited:

eliotradis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
to were you want it then slowly close till there is no more gurgling sound. The stock valve IMO is a pain in the rear end

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you have the V3 model it’s common for the overflow water height to fluctuate.
If your return chamber is running dry you turn the valve counter clockwise to open the main drain. If you’re still having issues add more saltwater.

Yup this is what I just did 15 minutes ago. Problem solved.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your return chamber is running dry you turn the valve counter clockwise to open the main drain. If you’re still having issu
Did you try it? It is happening to me too. I would set the pump speed to what you want and then set the water height in the overflow box to your liking, and then add more salt water to the sump to the height that you want as it will bring the water height in the return chamber up.
es add more saltwater.

Yup this is what I just did 15 minutes ago. Problem solved.

eliotradis

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yup this is what I just did 15 minute Tutuapp 9Apps ShowBox s ago. Problem solved.

canadianeh

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You have to use custom plumbing if you want to use spear gate valve. Otherwise, your option is to stay with the stock really unfortunately.

I removed my filter socks from beginning, cut a baffle out and install Clarisea SK-3000. Filter socks sucks, and I don't like washing them.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 29 27.4%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 33 31.1%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 7 6.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.9%
Back