Reefer 525 warning

huuta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I did the paper test and the paper went straight in between the tank and stand. Contact Redsea and they told me that there is no cause for concern. I ask for a brace bracket and they said they only have bracket for the 600,700 and 900 series. The only difference between the 500 and 600 is the tank height. The 500 has the same flawed design as the 600 series. Please don't buy any redsea products anymore if you are thinking about it. Redsea has lost my trust.
20200921_203806.jpg

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the tank is sitting square in each corner and is levelyou should have no concerns. In other words coplanar.

OP
OP
huuta

huuta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As long as the tank is sitting square in each corner and is levelyou should have no concerns. In other words coplanar.
I hope so but it doesn't give me much confidence in their statements. Look at what happened to the 750 and then it also happens to the 625 also. The 525 is the same dimension as the 625 except the tank is higher that's all. My tank is only 18 months old. For the amount that they charge for these tanks, the quality is crap on those stand

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Their quality has diminished and its sad because they are considered an industry leader and have behaved less than that especially with aesthetics if their tanks and flawed 90 series lights

X-37B

Fight the Good Fight
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I almost went redsea but went with a standard 120 rimmed.
They look so good in person at the lfs!
First one was a disaster as all 4 corners were lifted. You could slide a business card under each end.
Lfs took it back and I got one from another lfs that was a different brand and it was completly level.

A rimmed tank can sit on all 4 corners but on a non rimmed the tank must sit flush with the bottom.
I would not be at all comfortable with that setup.
I believe thats exactly what caused the 750 issue in the first place.
I would contact redsea and have them make you braces for it or find a way to do it yourself.
For the money you spend on readsea its a shame.

ZoWhat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
NEVER buy a tank thats made overseas and spends weeks bouncing hard in a crate on a cargo ship for a couple weeks.

Too many great Master Tank Builder companies in Florida and Texas that hand build their tanks and deliver them on trucks.

Yeah trucks aren't the smoothest ride either but beats a cargo ship and Ports of Call where they beat the snot out of freight with moving cranes after its been bouncing on the freaking Pacific Ocean.

You'd ;Drool if you knew how much G-Force overseas freight goes thru

Last edited:
OP
OP
huuta

huuta

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Saddest part is that all i was asking is for them to send me a bracing bar so i can remedy the problem. There is a bar for the 625 witch is the same dimension as the 525 but they said they don't make one for the 525. I am gathering up all of the red sea reefer problem and sending it to the state attorney's office to see if they can stop this company from doing business in my state. Tire of company that will not honor their warranty or take care of their mistakes. It's a long shot but we'll see

RVA REEF

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
keep bugging them, you are still inside of the warranty period so they should take care of you. My silicone started failing around 4 years and they would not do anything, its in the same spot above the stand where most of the problems are.

southerntnreefer

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Makes me glad i went a different way instead of a Red Sea. Red Sea was always my : dream tank: but the more i look at Innovative Marine, and Waterbox, id likely go that way if i ever need another tank. That or i give in and go glass cages as they are an hour from my house, and i can just go pick up my tank myself.

Back