Reefer-S 1000 Build (Reefer Madness)

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
2 week delay folks...

Long story short, be sure that you never perform a leak test with the tank being on the ground. Always make sure that bulkheads are not sticking out further than the tank and if you're going to perform a leak test, make sure you have it on the stand first...

That said, Red Sea has the best customer service I have ever seen in a company hands down... Anyone that says otherwise is full of it. I cannot thank them enough for all their help.

How did this work out? It was post delivery, so would not be covered by carrier insurance.

Did they just eat it and cover the cost of a replacement tank?

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How did this work out? It was post delivery, so would not be covered by carrier insurance.

Did they just eat it and cover the cost of a replacement tank?
Sent me a new tank, t-shirt, water bottle, 200gal salt bag, and about $500 in additives for free out of a gesture of good will. Amazing experience. Took 5 days from ticket filed to receive the replacement.

TheHarold

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sent me a new tank, t-shirt, water bottle, 200gal salt bag, and about $500 in additives for free out of a gesture of good will. Amazing experience. Took 5 days from ticket filed to receive the replacement.

That's some generous customer service!
The new red sea lineup with reinforced stand/tank looks pretty great.

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's some generous customer service!
The new red sea lineup with reinforced stand/tank looks pretty great.
It's an amazingly beautiful tank. The fine details shine. The prism ford blue you see from the top is just stunning. My fish are truly at peace now. There's no aggression and all of my tangs have become friends schooling and eating in join. This size tank is a joy for me, but the fish are so much happier and that's the real satisfaction of all this experience. I am so glad I went with as big as I could.

davidrod8

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like so far even with your issues it's been a great experience... I order my 170 from Fish Tanks Direct and it was a great experience, so I'll probably be ordering my S-1000 (when G2 comes out) from them as well... I'm in Houston so shipping is a breeze, and yes, saving the tax is a huge help...

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank is up and beginning to cycle now. Took about 3 weeks to get a shop out but they only charged me $90 to get from the garage onto my stand in the living room so fantastic deal. Have had a delay here and there, including finding out my first kid is on the way! But now she's up!

I'm currently debating what is the best way to spread out my (3) Neptune Sky lights? If I put 1 directly in the middle of the tank its 41.35" for exact middle. For the other two lights, should I simply divide 41.35"/2 and place at 20.675" from each of the sides?

Attachments

• 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 127
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 126
  • 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 138
OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just out of curiosity, any reason why Red Sea chose to "Eurobrace" the front and sides but not the rear panel?
Bottom is braced as well. The reason the back isn't braced is like most tanks I assume. So lights can be mounted on the back.

bdub209

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I just got my S1000 up on the stand today This thing is a beast

OP
OP
E

Elliott ll

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any updates? I just got my S1000 up on the stand today This thing is a beast
So many... The cracked tank I patched for repair is now a coral farm for me I keep in my garage. I've added a bunch of new fish including a foxface pair, yellowtail tamarin wrasse pair, and black tang, anthias trio and so many more. And my Moorish Idol and Emperor were banished to my garage tank lol. I lock my coral eaters below and keep coral up top. My living room tank is now turning into a coral tank finally now that I dont have the Moorish Idol in there.

For a mixed tank, 2 neptune skys are more than enough I found. I can only run them at 75% otherwise its too much for LPS at the bottom like Scolymia. I wont be adding another light until SPS colonies start reducing PAR in the lower sections. I estimate I have a year or two before needing a 3rd light.

I plan on doing a more in depth update once coral has established itself more.

r2r.jpg r2r2.jpg r2r3.jpg r2r4.jpg r2r5.jpg r2r6.jpg

Gumbies R Us

Another Fish in the Sea
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So many... The cracked tank I patched for repair is now a coral farm for me I keep in my garage. I've added a bunch of new fish including a foxface pair, yellowtail tamarin wrasse pair, and black tang, anthias trio and so many more. And my Moorish Idol and Emperor were banished to my garage tank lol. I lock my coral eaters below and keep coral up top. My living room tank is now turning into a coral tank finally now that I dont have the Moorish Idol in there.

For a mixed tank, 2 neptune skys are more than enough I found. I can only run them at 75% otherwise its too much for LPS at the bottom like Scolymia. I wont be adding another light until SPS colonies start reducing PAR in the lower sections. I estimate I have a year or two before needing a 3rd light.

I plan on doing a more in depth update once coral has established itself more.

r2r.jpg r2r2.jpg r2r3.jpg r2r4.jpg r2r5.jpg r2r6.jpg
Great looking progress!!!

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 73 37.6%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 66 34.0%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 12.9%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.0%
Back