Reefer updates

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

gatorbait01

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if what if any changes red sea has made to reduce tank failures? I only get a bunch of anecdotal info, but was hoping to find more accurate data. I'm specifically looking into the 425xl.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't know about the 425XL, but on the 750XXL and 900XXL they increased the glass to 3/4", the 750XXL now has dual returns and a support brace and the 750XXL and 900XXL also have corner glass reinforcements. Maybe someone who's purchased a 425XL recently can comment?

REEFTIDE

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if what if any changes red sea has made to reduce tank failures? I only get a bunch of anecdotal info, but was hoping to find more accurate data. I'm specifically looking into the 425xl.
Consider going to your closest LFS. If they're a read sea dealer they'll have one on display/ set up and it may answer your questions. I can't say I'm familiar with the 425 but the 525 has gotten reinforced corners at the very least

paulgriffin971

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On the new Reefer series tanks (mfr since 2020), the sump door closer springs were moved to a new center stand support brace instead of the stand frame, and the overflow control knob and return plumbing was moved around in the sump--which also moved the chambers in the sump around. The stand material was also changed to a laminated marine plywood instead of particle board. They added adjustable foot pads to help level the stand as well. They went with a little bit thicker glass which added a thicker seam of glue along the display. The Reefer 425XXL only has the single return pump nozzle in the surface skim screen.

Somewhat related---The new Reefer-S series 850 and1000 have euro bracing at the top. No other Red Sea systems have that. Supposedly to aid in glass support, but it seems to be more of a cleaning headache than anything else.

Back