Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need one of them pictures...that says:

"This thread is useless without SPS photos!"

Nah, seriously you really need to get back into the REAL corals: SPS :D I used to love your SPS photos...sucks big time that you lost them. :(

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sweet photo!

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need one of them pictures...that says:

"This thread is useless without SPS photos!"

Nah, seriously you really need to get back into the REAL corals: SPS :D I used to love your SPS photos...sucks big time that you lost them. :(
I totally agree… But as you know it takes a long time for those SPS to get to that stage and I really don't like taking many pictures of small frag's... After losing all of them it's just so hard to get the motivation back to spending TIME and money on them again but I'm slowly getting back into the things... Some of my fellow stick heads of offered to help me get a collection going back up again so that might work... but in the meantime I've been enjoying a less stressful upkeep on my tank and spending the extra time with my son and family... Thanks a lot though bro for always following my thread for all these years I really appreciate the motivation and great comments you always give! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

CastAway

Prone to wander, never lost.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"When I grow up........" Thanks. Truly inspirational.

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"When I grow up........" Thanks. Truly inspirational.
Haha... Thanks I'm glad you enjoyed it… Be sure to go back a few pages and check out that video I made of the 100mm macro shots by Reefer831...it's also on YouTube... Lots of good eye candy to enjoy on that one

Last edited:

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haha...thanks man...that's a lot of pages to go through...what kind of camera did you get.

Im a noob and it was purely to take pics of the tank so I grabbed a Rebel and Tameron 90mm Macro lens. I tried to look up the 100mm macro you mentioned but it looks to be a few different models out there. I'd like to get the macro shots but with a wider FOV, maybe its possible with my glass but I don't know how-LOL

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I totally agree… But as you know it takes a long time for those SPS to get to that stage and I really don't like taking many pictures of small frag's... After losing all of them it's just so hard to get the motivation back to spending TIME and money on them again but I'm slowly getting back into the things... Some of my fellow stick heads of offered to help me get a collection going back up again so that might work... but in the meantime I've been enjoying a less stressful upkeep on my tank and spending the extra time with my son and family... Thanks a lot though bro for always following my thread for all these years I really appreciate the motivation and great comments you always give! Hope you had a Merry Christmas!

I know what you mean bro...SPS require an extra level of dedication that LPS and softies dont need. Definitely spend that available time with your son and family...you will never get those moments back...I got a boy and girl myself so I completely understand.

Well, hope one day soon you get back into SPS...you were very good with them thats why we like to see you growing them and posting eye candy shots. :)

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Im a noob and it was purely to take pics of the tank so I grabbed a Rebel and Tameron 90mm Macro lens. I tried to look up the 100mm macro you mentioned but it looks to be a few different models out there. I'd like to get the macro shots but with a wider FOV, maybe its possible with my glass but I don't know how-LOL
What rebel did you end up going with… Anything past the T2i in the rebel line are all awesome cameras… That's actually what I used to take all these photos with a t2i... That 90 mm should work just fine but I would've preferred something around minds of 100mm or even something a little bit more for macro... I really wish I would've grabbed a 120mm… And would love to own a 200mm... At least you didn't stick with the stock lens and wonder why your pictures weren't turning out so well… That lenses so bad it makes you feel like you're doing something wrong... The next ones I would look into a if I were you is a 24-70... It has a nice range that you could use for many different types of things... Don't be afraid to play with your camera settings you're not going to break it… At worst-case scenario you just put everything back to stock settings... Good luck with everything and have fun… The photography hobby adds so much to this hobby it's amazing… It's like a hobby inside a hobby it made the way I view my corals completely different...my camera was the best thing I bought in this hobby I get so much more from everything from it...

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I know what you mean bro...SPS require an extra level of dedication that LPS and softies dont need. Definitely spend that available time with your son and family...you will never get those moments back...I got a boy and girl myself so I completely understand.

Well, hope one day soon you get back into SPS...you were very good with them thats why we like to see you growing them and posting eye candy shots. :)

Well I think you guys gave me the acro itch again...lol... Just hit up my store and picked up a few pieces and told them to be on the lookout for anything extra nice that they think I may be interested in :xd: I guess it's time to break out the test kits and start testing my primers again lol...

Reefnjunkie

Acropora Junkie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rebel I picked up was just the EOS nothing fancy-I need to re-read how to get a larger FOV pic-its been to long.

I'm glad to hear your getting back into sticks, I didnt know there was anything else. being in Cali you get so much more quality stuff than I can ever hope to see although I do have a great connection with a friend who owns a store.

Hit me up when you want to trade, here is my list (at least it was 8 months ago, I need to add to it) LOL

CC=Chery Corals-FF=Fantastic Frags-SC=Sexy Corals-TEC=Totally Exotic Corals-GB=Golden Basket RNJ=me

FF Reef Ready Grape Juice
ORA Frogskin
RNJ Lavender Mint sarmetosa
Ice Tort
Upscales Macrolades
Atlantis Shades of Fall
Setosa
Greg Hiller Aqua Delight
Westside Shortcake
Palmers Blue Milli
ORA Purple Plasma
GB Shortcake
CC Cali Tort
ORA Boreallis
Bahama Mama Milli
Frag Farmers Red Robin Stag
SC Strawberry Shortcake Milli
TEC Twilight Dragon
TEC Ice Fire
Westside Bonsai
Gypsey Pickle Lemonade
Black Magic Milli
TEC 4th of July Milli
BC Stag
CC Hellboy
TEC Aussie Purple Dream
Forest Fire Digi
TEC Sky Blue Caroliniana
Cali Tort
RNJ Blue Banshi
Oregon Tort
CC Retnia Blaster Suharsoni
Tyree red dragon
Westside Purpleishous
Polar Ice Granulosa
GB Acropora jacquelineae
Unknown x5
Jason Fox Grape Juice
SC Orange Sick
RNJ Raspberry Burst
TEC Hawkins
TEC Purple Poison Shortcake
Greg Hiller Blueberry
Shawn Bennet Yellow Tort from Dan Rigle
Tyree Ponape Rainbow
Westside Rainbow
RNJ Tri color
TEC Aussie Mint and Cream
Tyree Tierra Del Fuego
GB Unknown
BC Turodkey
BC Hellflower Milli
RNJ Blue Unknown
TEC Pearlberry
BC Medusa’s Bane
ORA Plum Crazy
Mike Accardi teal stag
Rommels Watermelon
RMF Bio Hazard
Wonderland Millepora
Ultimatefrag's Ultimate Red Acro
Ultimatefrag's Rainbow
Insane Sunset Millepora
Fragfarmer Snowcone Prostrata
Jose's Rainbow
Ultimate Myagi Tort
Red Devil Nasuta
Rommels Rainbow -
Ultimatefrags ultimate tri color
Fragfarmer Red Robin Stag
Ultimatefrags Rose
Jose's Candelight
Raspberry Limeade Hyacinthus
Pro Corals Rainbow
Pro Corals Superman Table
Vivid Aquariums Rainbow delight
SniperSPS Nasuta
SniperSPS Red Matrix
Cherry Corals Wolverine look alike
Reef Raft CJ Pinky-
Tyree SWOTR
Tyree Blue Matrix
what the heck Mother of pearl
Tubbs Pink Jade
Rommels Insane watermaelon
Frag Farmers Strawberry Lemonade
Rommels Rainbow acro
Rommels Watermelon
Shawn Benett Yellow Tort from BC

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The rebel I picked up was just the EOS nothing fancy-I need to re-read how to get a larger FOV pic-its been to long.

I'm glad to hear your getting back into sticks, I didnt know there was anything else. being in Cali you get so much more quality stuff than I can ever hope to see although I do have a great connection with a friend who owns a store.

Hit me up when you want to trade, here is my list (at least it was 8 months ago, I need to add to it) LOL

CC=Chery Corals-FF=Fantastic Frags-SC=Sexy Corals-TEC=Totally Exotic Corals-GB=Golden Basket RNJ=me

FF Reef Ready Grape Juice
ORA Frogskin
RNJ Lavender Mint sarmetosa
Ice Tort
Upscales Macrolades
Atlantis Shades of Fall
Setosa
Greg Hiller Aqua Delight
Westside Shortcake
Palmers Blue Milli
ORA Purple Plasma
GB Shortcake
CC Cali Tort
ORA Boreallis
Bahama Mama Milli
Frag Farmers Red Robin Stag
SC Strawberry Shortcake Milli
TEC Twilight Dragon
TEC Ice Fire
Westside Bonsai
Gypsey Pickle Lemonade
Black Magic Milli
TEC 4th of July Milli
BC Stag
CC Hellboy
TEC Aussie Purple Dream
Forest Fire Digi
TEC Sky Blue Caroliniana
Cali Tort
RNJ Blue Banshi
Oregon Tort
CC Retnia Blaster Suharsoni
Tyree red dragon
Westside Purpleishous
Polar Ice Granulosa
GB Acropora jacquelineae
Unknown x5
Jason Fox Grape Juice
SC Orange Sick
RNJ Raspberry Burst
TEC Hawkins
TEC Purple Poison Shortcake
Greg Hiller Blueberry
Shawn Bennet Yellow Tort from Dan Rigle
Tyree Ponape Rainbow
Westside Rainbow
RNJ Tri color
TEC Aussie Mint and Cream
Tyree Tierra Del Fuego
GB Unknown
BC Turodkey
BC Hellflower Milli
RNJ Blue Unknown
TEC Pearlberry
BC Medusa’s Bane
ORA Plum Crazy
Mike Accardi teal stag
Rommels Watermelon
RMF Bio Hazard
Wonderland Millepora
Ultimatefrag's Ultimate Red Acro
Ultimatefrag's Rainbow
Insane Sunset Millepora
Fragfarmer Snowcone Prostrata
Jose's Rainbow
Ultimate Myagi Tort
Red Devil Nasuta
Rommels Rainbow -
Ultimatefrags ultimate tri color
Fragfarmer Red Robin Stag
Ultimatefrags Rose
Jose's Candelight
Raspberry Limeade Hyacinthus
Pro Corals Rainbow
Pro Corals Superman Table
Vivid Aquariums Rainbow delight
SniperSPS Nasuta
SniperSPS Red Matrix
Cherry Corals Wolverine look alike
Reef Raft CJ Pinky-
Tyree SWOTR
Tyree Blue Matrix
what the heck Mother of pearl
Tubbs Pink Jade
Rommels Insane watermaelon
Frag Farmers Strawberry Lemonade
Rommels Rainbow acro
Rommels Watermelon
Shawn Benett Yellow Tort from BC
Wow that's an awesome list you got going on over there… Going down it makes me smile because a lot of those on this list or some of the stuff that we had in circulation between our little circle of reefers in this area… A lot of those I actually had in my tank as well..great taste in coral BTW... I've actually got bitten by the acro bug again...bad!!! You'll be seeing some more sticks from me soon... And getting a p.m. from me as well:xd:

OP
OP
Reefer831

Reefer831

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is another CAR looking morph I have...
IMG_6211.jpg

These are starting to get some nice pink
IMG_6213.jpg

always fun to share a sunburst
IMG_6180.jpg

Sahin

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Awesome Chalices bro! This one is crazy nice!:
116497d1389003271-reefer831s-eye-candy-img_6249.jpg

Making themselves at home: Have you intentionally done anything in your aquarium to enhance the natural behavior of your fish?

• I planned my tank to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • I did some things to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 31 33.3%
  • Anything that encourages natural fish behavior was a byproduct of the aquascaping.

Votes: 16 17.2%
  • I did not do anything to encourage natural fish behavior.

Votes: 17 18.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 3.2%
Back