Reefermike almost a cube build

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I guess it is time to put some real effort instead of trying to have buyers remorse. I currently have a small cubeish tank. It's deminsions are 40w x 36d x 22t and made of acrylic. So I do like the tank but , I think I need to revisit the whole build shabang. It comes way too far out from the wall. So I am going to redo pretty much the whole thing. At this time I decided to let the tank go fallow while I figure things out. I think I will be needing a lot of advice as I am changing a lot of the way things were done . So first piece of advice I need are lights. I currently use a 400 w metal halide. I have in my possession 4 6" makers heatsinks. . I also have , I think 36 RB , 16-20 NW , 8 tv ( 417 nm) , 8 tv( 430 nm) and 8 OCW and all the drivers . I am thinking of adding T5 at least 2 but since a cube thinking 2 36" and 2 24 " if it is needed at all . This tank has a 4" euro brace around the perimeter as well as a 4" front back across the center . It is clear acrylic but still I am thinking that due to the depth of the tank and all the bracing I could probable still get pretty good coverage where the rock work is placed. By th way I am thinking mixed reef with fair amount of fish. Does the lighting sound ok , I really would like to u the items I have.

OP
OP
R

Reefermike

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Any thoughts on sea swirls. I have a couple of them as well as a a couple reeflo blowhole 1100 pressure pumps. . In each rear corner there is a platform that I would drill a hole for the pipe to come out. I would run it on a closed loop. For me it is hard to want to use these as I have never used them nor do I know anyone who has. It looks like a good idea but you never know . Any thoughts .

Looking for the spotlight: Do your fish notice the lighting in your reef tank?

• My fish seem to regularly respond to the lighting in my reef tank.

Votes: 108 73.5%
  • My fish seem to occasionally respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 15 10.2%
  • My fish seem to rarely respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 10 6.8%
  • My fish seem to never respond to the lighting in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • I don’t pay enough attention to my fish to notice if they respond to the lighting.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I don’t have any fish in my tank.

Votes: 4 2.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 1.4%
Back