Reefers helping other reefers: Are you thankful for the help from another reefer?

Are you thankful for the help from another reefer?

• I have one or two mentors where I get most of my aquarium advice.

Votes: 27 10.8%
  • I have a few people that I trust for aquarium advice.

Votes: 56 22.5%
  • I look to the entire reefing community for advice.

Votes: 135 54.2%
  • I figure it out all by myself.

Votes: 23 9.2%
  • Other (please explain in the thread below).

Votes: 8 3.2%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Reefers helping other reefers: Are you thankful for the help from another reefer?

Catch someone being nice or doing good and then let us know! R2R is a great place to come for answers and to support others who are working through challenges with their tanks. Feel free to tell us about a reefer that you are thankful for their help or share a link where you noticed someone being helpful to you or to someone else – even if it was washing sand!

BabadoWashingSand.jpeg

Photo by @Babado

Scott's reef

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm thankful for the help from other reefers as they buy a few frags here and there. As far as having a mentor in the hobby, I do not. I tend to figure out my own ways and formulas. I'm greatful for the friendship I've made from helping a few other newbie reefers. It's humbling to me to give of myself, it makes me feel as if I have purpose.

DeadEnd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This forum has been a game changer for me.

I bought a 150 gallon tank without prior experience with saltwater fish and I did not know what I was getting into. Without the help of this community I would have been lost!

Thank you everyone for taking your time to share information and help new people like me!

kevgib67

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After being out of the hobby for so long, this forum really helped me catch up. I know any obstacle I run into I can rely on R2R for quick sound advice. Also my local lfs owner is very knowledgeable and helpful.

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
i definitely have a good handful of members of r2r who i look to for information/guidance, but this community is far more expansive than just those few individuals i trust for information.

great thing about this community is that you can always be sure to resolve information from many members based on many angles of experience that always contributes in some way to the success of each reef

HankstankXXL750

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
When I first started it was just me and my cousin. He read all the books, I just did my thing and he told me what he read. Got a lot of info from the various lfs I used at the time.

Now with the internet information is readily available. That being said, quick searches will find conflicting opinions on just about every question. I even get different answers from the three lfs that I shop. When I searched the internet I found that often R2R was listed as a source. This is why I chose to join, and the value of what I have learned is why I chose to become a supporting member. Great people and a lot of knowledge. However you still need to make sure that the advice you receive makes sense and don’t just react to the first answer you get.

I love R2R.

ClownSchool

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Whether it’s questions about water chemistry, identification, best practices, or equipment/brand recommendations, R2R has been my one-stop shop.
the people here are the best!
Happy Holidays, you salty scallywags!
here’s to you!
1669047152543.gif

Slocke

Wrasse and Eel Nerd
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Definitely have a couple of mentors on this forum but why embarrass them by naming them.

Treefer32

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I appreciate the input of the community here and everywhere, whether it's in person, or on reef2reef. I take in the advice, the feedback and try to give as much or more than I take. After all, we need all the positive reef karma we can get! (o.k. well I do! )

Huge thank you to this whole community of supportive and engaging group. A huge call out to @Turbo's Aquatics and to @Randy Holmes-Farley . Half the battle with our tanks is managing nutrients and the chemistry that supports those nutrients.

Turbo's Aquatics Algae Scrubbers are top notch and my 340 gallon display would be covered in hair algae right now were it not for his scrubber. The only thing I wish for is a self cleaning algae scrubber!

Randy has been huge in helping me troubleshoot my water quality and making sure I have the right nutrients in my 340 gallon to support my corals and to support the Algae scrubber. There's many others that have supported me as well, too many to name! So, huge thanks!

Happy Reefgiving!

p.s. all holidays should be renamed and centered around Reefing! Without the ocean life there is no human life!

Susan Edwards

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hard choice. I def. have a couple mentors but I also pose questions to the forum for advice or help. R2R is behind my success as a Reefer. The knowledge and support and even friendship here is awesome and not found anywhere else.

Rham1281

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I try my best to research what I can, but being new to reef tanks there is a lot to learn. Just being in this community for a short time I have already found so many helpful answers and helpful people. I am EXTREMELY grateful for my fellow reefers that have more experience than I do.

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Google is my best friend. I compare info and use common sense.

Going off the ledge: Would you be interested in a drop off aquarium?

• I currently have a drop off style aquarium

Votes: 2 1.6%
  • I don’t currently have a drop off style aquarium, but I have in the past.

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • I haven’t had a drop off style aquarium, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 20 15.6%
  • I am interested in a drop off style aquarium, but have no plans to add one in the future.

Votes: 58 45.3%
  • I am not interested in a drop off style aquarium.

Votes: 44 34.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.3%
Back