Reefi-Labs Uno 2.0 pro

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I upgraded my lighting from a pair of 165watt ViparSpectra flanking a 300watt ViparSpectra to 3 Uno 2.0 pro lights from Reefi-labs. I want to give a hearty Thanks to @Dana Riddle for the reviews he does, I spent days and days reading everything I could find on lights and discovered these by reading Dana's build thread. He uses these on 1 tank. The price was great I thought for the light, but being as the price was HALF what most other lights charged, I was a little nervous, until I plugged them in and saw the difference. I took a couple pictures and thought I'd share them here. One thing I have noticed immediately is my Zoa's and Paly's seem to be opening up bigger, same with my Acans and my Meat Coral also.

June 13th day before I installed the new lights
June13.jpg

June 15th the day after I installed the lights.
june15.jpg

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I upgraded my lighting from a pair of 165watt ViparSpectra flanking a 300watt ViparSpectra to 3 Uno 2.0 pro lights from Reefi-labs. I want to give a hearty Thanks to @Dana Riddle for the reviews he does, I spent days and days reading everything I could find on lights and discovered these by reading Dana's build thread. He uses these on 1 tank. The price was great I thought for the light, but being as the price was HALF what most other lights charged, I was a little nervous, until I plugged them in and saw the difference. I took a couple pictures and thought I'd share them here. One thing I have noticed immediately is my Zoa's and Paly's seem to be opening up bigger, same with my Acans and my Meat Coral also.

June 13th day before I installed the new lights
June13.jpg

June 15th the day after I installed the lights.
june15.jpg
Wow that looks great!
I saw a post not sure who posted it about these and did a little research. Now I'm rethinking my build. Pretty sure 3 of these would light my 180 for about 1/3rd the cost of what I had thought. Now I'm thinking instead of the 85 cube I'm going to setup the 180. Which means I need a different skimmer but now I don't have to buy a smaller return pump and build or buy a smaller sump.

Rothric

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just ordered 2 myself. Going to put them on a 5' 150 gallon SCA, LPS dominated tank.

Currently have an XR15 on a 60 gallon, and curious to see how the ReeFi's compare.

Hollywood_XL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Beautifull tank, nice pics:)

Im also in the market for these,great spectrum but the PAR results seems to be so-so.... can anybody confirm this?

lynn.reef.nerd

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0

Im also in the market for these,great spectrum but the PAR results seems to be so-so.... can anybody confirm this?
Here is a par comparison by @telegraham

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I actually just ordered 2 myself. Going to put them on a 5' 150 gallon SCA, LPS dominated tank.

Currently have an XR15 on a 60 gallon, and curious to see how the ReeFi's compare.
I'd like to see how they fit on a 60" tank.
Can you report back when you get them up?

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Xr15 100 watts
Xr30 200 watts
Reefi 2.0 270 watts for half the price of xr 30.
There's a guy @steveschuerger that had a problem with the fan in his but it is getting resolved so maybe he could chime in. I too will go with these if and when I upgrade my vipars for the new tank. The par and adjustability appear to be great from everything I've read and heard from users.

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
At peak I'm only running about 38% power on the blue channel's. these lights will put 400par on the sand.
pic wise it looks great. Any shimmer? Any unblended spots? hard to tell from what ive seen pics and videos dont always tell the truth. I was thinking orphek but then I saw some in person under a canopy and its a no for me to much color not blended.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the original Reefi Uno's when they released and they were awesome lights. The colors they could produce were unlike any other light out there. They are par monsters too. My favorite feature of the light though was the lens that reduced light glare. I regret ever selling the lights. I have plans in the future to switch back to Reefi's.

The only issue I had with them was a wifi connectivity issue which wasn't any fault of the lights. It ended up being an issue with my router. I contacted Lou one evening hoping he would get back to me sometime the next day. He responded within 20 minutes and messaged back and forth with me for two hours to help me resolve the issue. TOP notch customer service. I can't recommend them enough.

Kodski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
pic wise it looks great. Any shimmer? Any unblended spots? hard to tell from what ive seen pics and videos dont always tell the truth. I was thinking orphek but then I saw some in person under a canopy and its a no for me to much color not blended.
I ran the Uno 1.0's and they blended color very well. I do believe they had a touch of shimmer but nothing compared to the Kessil shimmer.

bobnicaragua

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I preordered 3 Reefi UNO 2.0s, so I’ve been running them since they came out. I combined them with T5 and LED strips. Very nice fixtures, quiet, muted shimmer, very powerful, and lots of color adjustability.

Attachments

• 2B5B05F0-F349-44BC-BD97-8DE823BB781D.jpeg
    2B5B05F0-F349-44BC-BD97-8DE823BB781D.jpeg
    106.8 KB · Views: 178

telegraham

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't know of a single main light that has a more complete spectrum, and at 270W, it can project almost twice the PAR of a Gen 4 XR30. I use the Gen 4 as the comparison because it sends more light down range than the Gen 5/6.

billyocean

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
L
I don't know of a single main light that has a more complete spectrum, and at 270W, it can project almost twice the PAR of a Gen 4 XR30. I use the Gen 4 as the comparison because it sends more light down range than the Gen 5/6.
Love the write ups and and work you put in btw. Thank you!

twentyleagues

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got in touch with Daniel today to ask a few questions. I really reached out to him because of things you've written about this light and Daniel here and on another forum. Thank you for being vocal about this product. I am going to be using these to set up my 180.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that looks great!
I saw a post not sure who posted it about these and did a little research. Now I'm rethinking my build. Pretty sure 3 of these would light my 180 for about 1/3rd the cost of what I had thought. Now I'm thinking instead of the 85 cube I'm going to setup the 180. Which means I need a different skimmer but now I don't have to buy a smaller return pump and build or buy a smaller sump.
I put 4 on my 180 but used the 90 reflectors and will be an acro dominant tank.

leepink23

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They are amazing! Best light purchase I have made. I have used or currently use radions, halides, orpheks, hydras on the various grow out tanks.

Just grow it: Have you ever added CO2 to your reef tank?

• I currently use a CO2 with my reef tank.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I don’t currently use CO2 with my reef tank, but I have in the past.

Votes: 5 3.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank, but I plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 5.4%
  • I have never used CO2 with my reef tank and have no plans to in the future.

Votes: 122 81.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 4.0%
Back