Reefi-Labs Uno 2.0 pro

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I suspect that the quanta bars are pulling a lot of the weight in the above two cases. Edit: LED bar will eliminate shadows. Reefi might still be supplying most of the PAR.

I had 2 popular grow LED bars with Radion XR15, which gave me t5 like coverage and 350 PAR throughout the tank.

On a different note, how white can the light get? I don’t like blue lights, but like the price of reefi.
I only use my bars during peak. Otherwise all Reefi.

ShoreReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the discussion on these lights. I have a 6’ 120 gallon tank currently running 3xHydra26 HD’s and 61” Aquatic life T5 Hybrid. I’ve been struggling to get 250 par at the top of my rock work running AB+ setting so I decided to give the Uno 2.0’s a shot. After a few weeks of back and forth and reading up on these lights I just decided to pull the trigger and buy 3 to replace the hydra’s I have the lights mounted 12” above the water and figure the 90 degree reflectors would work best, what do you think? Tank dimension are 72x18x22. Note I do plan on getting an IM 200 EXT at some point next year so I will probably be adding a 4th light.

oreo54

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you all for the discussion on these lights. I have a 6’ 120 gallon tank currently running 3xHydra26 HD’s and 61” Aquatic life T5 Hybrid. I’ve been struggling to get 250 par at the top of my rock work running AB+ setting so I decided to give the Uno 2.0’s a shot. After a few weeks of back and forth and reading up on these lights I just decided to pull the trigger and buy 3 to replace the hydra’s I have the lights mounted 12” above the water and figure the 90 degree reflectors would work best, what do you think? Tank dimension are 72x18x22. Note I do plan on getting an IM 200 EXT at some point next year so I will probably be adding a 4th light.
A suggestion based on simple math.
If you still have a par issue you can (if you can) lower the Unos (and the rest I guess) to about 9".
I'd also suggest not "dividing equally"..
The 2 end lights should be closer to the sides than to the distance to the center light.
This will give you an evener spread..
center light centered at 36".
Normally one would center the other 2 at 18".
Best to do like 2 outside lights centered at 16" from the tank side.. Same with the other side.

Of course if you want a hot spot well that is a choice.

russell.dexter

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hoping the members of this thread can give me some feedback on the two new uno pros I have for a 40 gallon breeder upgrade. (Current take is a 36 bow with two 50 watt nicrews)

Planning for a mixed reef with sps in the top two thirds of the rock work.

Starting the tank this weekend- any suggestions on;

1. mounting height of the two fixtures on the forty breeder?
2. Should I use the 90 degree reflector as is or swap it out for the 120?
3. Acclimation schedule... currently I am maxing 210 at the top of my rockwork with the nicrew- right around 150 on the sandbed- I don't want to fry these guys but I am looking at increasing par over time of course

Thank you for any advice!

dexter

Mattiejay6

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1. mounting height of the two fixtures on the forty breeder?
They are very powerful lights and 12" or higher is my preference..
2. Should I use the 90 degree reflector as is or swap it out for the 120?
I personally use the 90's. I love having no spill over and they looks freaking cool!!
3. Acclimation schedule... currently I am maxing 210 at the top of my rockwork with the nicrew- right around 150 on the sandbed- I don't want to fry these guys but I am looking at increasing par over time of course
you should borrow a par meter... because these puppies crank some par and spectrum...I would do a 60% acclimation for 30 days if you use a default program.

Hollywood_XL

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Allright… Im cycling now and just did got my PAR meter… Numbers are insane… I used the LPS settings @ 80% and got 300+ at the bottem (reefer250) and 800+ middle….

Using 2 reefi uno v2

Im going back to 40/50% now… quick question: can I use the lps setting and add the wites/lime until the PAR is in the desired levels?

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks.
A Reefer 250 has basically the same footprint as a 40 breeder, but a few inches taller at 20" tall.

At 50%, that would be about 130 watts per fixture. 260 watts seems like a more reasonable place to be than 80% (around 430 total watts). I'm assuming the power used to PAR is linear, and I'm thinking of it in terms of how many watts of T5 or Halide would make sense over that size of tank.

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bleached 2 corals after first installing them. 1 is recovering, the other not so much. Now I use a PAR meter so I can do this smart.

airvicconcre

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So, I upgraded my lighting from a pair of 165watt ViparSpectra flanking a 300watt ViparSpectra to 3 Uno 2.0 pro lights from Reefi-labs. I want to give a hearty Thanks to @Dana Riddle for the reviews he does, I spent days and days reading everything I could find on lights and discovered these by reading Dana's build thread. He uses these on 1 tank. The price was great I thought for the light, but being as the price was HALF what most other lights charged, I was a little nervous, until I plugged them in and saw the difference. I took a couple pictures and thought I'd share them here. One thing I have noticed immediately is my Zoa's and Paly's seem to be opening up bigger, same with my Acans and my Meat Coral also.

June 13th day before I installed the new lights
June13.jpg

June 15th the day after I installed the lights.
june15.jpg
Hello, I’ve been reading a lot of reviews about Reefi Uno 2.0 as well and asking a lot of people who use them about it. I live in India and will be traveling to the USA soon and I’d love to pick up those LEDs. Can you give me some insight about the spread etc?
Thank yiu

OP
OP
Bruttall

Bruttall

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello, I’ve been reading a lot of reviews about Reefi Uno 2.0 as well and asking a lot of people who use them about it. I live in India and will be traveling to the USA soon and I’d love to pick up those LEDs. Can you give me some insight about the spread etc?
Thank yiu
I just bought a Par-Wise meter, it arrived yesterday, I plan to take Par Measurements tomorrow, I will post my results, with the profile I use for lighting. If I can I'll screen-capture the Spectrum and everything.

As for "spread" I assume you mean how well does the light illuminate the entire tank? I see very little shadowing in mine, but my corals are not huge yet either, the ambient lighting from these seems to saturate my tank very well, I have a Nem who has been moving around lately and I must get good reflected light under my rock off the sand, because he hangs out under a shelf sometimes before moving back into the direct light.

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Care to share your dimensions, PAR values, and Watts per fixture?
Right now only running the Reefi Uno 2 Pro at 75W. Master power at 60%. I am doing this because I bleached some corals after initially installing them. As you can see, I am also running a RedSea Reef LED 90 in the middle to reduce shadowing. This is running at 50%.
I originally had 3 RedSea Reef LED across the tank but after 2 separate power supply failures, I got tired of the whole thing and went for the Reefi’s.
Hope this helps.

Apologize for the horrible photo editing. No idea what I'm doing. Color looked better on the iPhone.

phonto.jpeg

Last edited:

nereefpat

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right now only running the Reefi Uno 2 Pro at 75W. Master power at 60%. I am doing this because I bleached some corals after initially installing them. As you can see, I am also running a RedSea Reef LED 90 in the middle to reduce shadowing. This is running at 50%.
I originally had 3 RedSea Reef LED across the tank but after 2 separate power supply failures, I got tired of the whole thing and went for the Reefi’s.
Hope this helps.

Apologize for the horrible photo editing. No idea what I'm doing. Color looked better on the iPhone.

phonto.jpeg
That's pretty dang nice for a 120 gallon at only 75 watts per fixture.

I realize the Red Sea helps in the middle, but the center left spot isn't get much help.

Edit: what reflector, 90 degree?

Superlightman

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope this helps.

phonto.jpeg
How are the colors with this mix?I suppose the red sea ad a great shimmer.How many would you recommend for an aquarium that is 250x80 cm?

Reef Stallion

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's pretty dang nice for a 120 gallon at only 75 watts per fixture.

I realize the Red Sea helps in the middle, but the center left spot isn't get much help.

Edit: what reflector, 90 degree?
They are stock with the 120? I think. It’s a Reefer XL425 so 90 gallon main tank I think. 4 foot long.

When to mix up fish meal: When was the last time you tried a different brand of food for your reef?

• I regularly change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • I occasionally change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 25 36.2%
  • I rarely change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 19 27.5%
  • I never change the food that I feed to the tank.

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%

Back