Reefing with Style: Does your tank have a "theme"?

Does your tank have a "theme"? Show off your reef in the comments!

  • Yes, my reef has a theme!

    Votes: 22 25.6%
  • No, if I like it I put it in there!

    Votes: 60 69.8%
  • Other (please explain).

    Votes: 4 4.7%

  • Total voters
    86
I voted "other." My plumbing is orange and blue for the New York Mets and New York Knicks, and I have a NY Knicks Torch and a plastic Mets hat sitting on the sand bed that's too big for my tuxedo urchins at the moment. But otherwise, if I like something I'm not going to pass on it.
 
Mangrove, Clam Reef and Lagoon….front tank is Reef, back is Lagoon.
IMG_0828.jpeg
 
Thought I'd elaborate on this more, a lot of people bury their mangroves roots in the sand, I have nothing against that method but I'm looking to get those large stilt roots to grow corals on.
Yes! :) I have both, however, it will take years imo to get those roots. I attached a Duncan coral to a truck.
image.jpg
 
Inspired by my last name, the theme of my tank is “Creatures of the Torres Strait.” The Torres Strait sits between the tip of the Cape York Peninsula in northern Australia and Papua New Guinea. Basically, the same creatures you’d find in the northern Great Barrier Reef live there. Because of that, every new addition to my tank comes after I check the species’ natural distribution. I’m not sure how precise they are, but fishbase.org and sealifebase.org help a lot. I like to think of my tank in Brazil as a tiny slice of the South Pacific.
IMG_1186.jpg
 

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 6 7.5%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 17 21.3%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 23 28.8%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 1.3%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 9 11.3%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 4 5.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 10 12.5%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 6 7.5%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new