Reefingbuddha's 300 DD

So jealous of your fish room.
DSC_3499.jpg
 
Looks real nice. What kind of corals are you going to be keeping? As for Tangs, look in to the Dussumieri Tang. I have one that is just starting to get her blue and orange coloration and she will be a beaut! Here is a pic, just after putting her in the tank last summer;
IMG_2461.jpg
 
Last edited:
You'll have no problem with 2-3 pairs of clownfishes in a tank that size. Getting them to spawn, however, is another question. :D

Awsome setup btw. I've always wanted a fish tank only room. Where are you located?

Thanks! This is my first fish room and I'm trying to take full advantage of all the extra space. Its great to have some much room to work with.

I am located in Winterpark, FL. I just moved back here after living in London for 2 years.
 
VERY slick. I like it! What equipment are you running?

The tank sits on a custom aluminum stand that was powder coated. The stand has a 12" ledge on the back to stand on for easy maintenance. The stand is also lengthed by 2' on the right side so that the sump sits offset from the display and has room for the skimmer.

- Deltec AP 1003 skimmer with self-cleaning head (would like to sell for something smaller if anyone is intersted. Works a treat!)
- 2x Solaris LED (had these left over from another tank I was planning 3 years ago so I thought I would give them a try. They are a little underpowered for the SPS reef I plan on maintaining so these are also for sale. I have 3 brand new 60" and 1 used 60" if anyone is interested please PM me.)
- Aquacontroller Pro
- Barracuda pump for the return pump and manifold feed.

There is a basic list, if there is anymore detailed questions feel free to ask.
 
looks like a monster deltec skimmer w/ self-cleaning neck. those are so nice... i've been considering reverse engineering the design for my beckett.

solaris leds?

Spot on!

As mentioned in the above post the skimmer and lights are brand new but are for sale. I purchased them 2 years ago for another (bigger) system that never came together. PM me if anyone is intersted.

I am looking to replace the Solaris fixtures with possibility 2 of the 6x 80w ATI Sunpower T5 fixtures of 3x 250MH or 3x 400MH. First I need to sell the solaris and then I'll figure that one out. Right now i'm leaning towards the t5 option.
 
Looks real nice. What kind of corals are you going to be keeping? As for Tangs, look in to the Dussumieri Tang. I have one that is just starting to get her blue and orange coloration and she will be a beaut! Here is a pic, just after putting her in the tank last summer;
IMG_2461.jpg

Beautiful tang you've got there! I'll have to do some more tang research. Criteria for tang selection has been availability, full grown size, and aggression towards other tangs.

I am planning on the tank being a SPS dominated reef tank.
 
She is not aggressive at all. Got her from Petsolutions dot com. You can usually get them from Hawaii or Easter Island wholesale buys. I just saw a wholesale price and it was about what I paid from PS.com.
 
OmGosh reefingbuddha! DUR I remember now who you are. You had that killer set up in London as well and I think I contacted you about it back then as well. If I recall you had some killer cars as well! LOL!
 
Some details on the solaris units I'm looking at selling.

I am look for 2000 for the unopened boxed solaris unit, 1500 for the "as new" with boxes, and 800 for the used without a box. All units come with ballasts and legs though I can't guarantee that all ballasts will work as I have not tested all of them.

Retail for these units was just over 3k brand new. Half price for such a fixture is a great deal! First come first serve, local pick is preferred but can be shipped at buyers expense.
 
thanks for your kind compliments Tom, it is slowly getting there from last year incident so can't say much atm.

i only have a few pictures posted on photo forum :)
 
so what do you all think regarding my lighting. I'm down to two options.

1) Tried and true
- (3x) 400w mh setup as follows
- lumen bright large SE pendent
- 400w Galaxy Ballast
- 20k Radium bulb

2) Newer but have seen good results
- (2x) 6x80w ATI sunpower T5 fixture

Cost is comparable after shipping. Just up to what everyone's recommendations are.
 
benefits as i see them:

1 - shimmer, less bulbs to replace, easier access over the tank. though imho you really only need 2 x 400w over that tank using the large lumen bright reflectors.

2 - more color combo options, less heat (maybe)
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 13.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 26.1%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 5 21.7%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 4.3%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 4.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new