Reefingbuddha's 300 DD

Go for it!

Thank you, can't wait to get more colored in there. Coraline Algae is finally starting to pick up.
 
Tank Update:

Parameters
KdH - 9.6
Mg - 1290
Ca - 490
NO3 - 2


- Unfortunately my female Cinnamon Clown decided to take a jump while I had the screens off. I just found her dried out on the floor. Very unfortunate and I feel terrible for her mate. Maybe I'll run into another female somewhere down the road and I'll see if I can get them together. Just fate losing fish and I take it hard. I am responsible for these little critters and hate when something happens.

- I found another 10 cardinals on live aquaria, unfortunately the water was at 70 when they arrived and only 6 made it. They are happily schooling though and the group of 16 looks awesome. The original 10 are doing great.

- I was considering replacing the 6201's with 6305's but decided that the $750 price tag PER powerhead was a little steep. I thought I would give the Koralia magnums a go and purchased 4 of the magnum 8's for $87 a piece off of marine depot.com. The plan was to have two magnum 8's replaced each 6201 and see how it goes. Well it turns out that 1 is plenty to replaced a 6201 and I'm glad I gave them a try. They work great, especially for the price. The corals look extremely happy with the flow and I am still amazed by how much flow gets in through the rocks. Keeping the sand-bed in place is getting harder and harder, especially with this type of flow as the velocity increases at each corner it tries to take a lot of sand with it.

- I installed 2x 7" filter socks in the sump to try to curb some of the detritus that gets down there. I'm changing them out every two days currently. I also cleaned the skimmer and its still kicking ***.

- And finally I've purchased some more corals. The count is up to 10 colonies at the moment. Its actually starting to look like a reef tank.
 
Whats up buddy? We need some update. Sorry i never called you back a few weeks ago, I was in the middle of my last law school finals, but I'm officially a J.D. now!!!! studying crazy for the bar exam for the next 8 weeks but i def need to take a break sometime soon and come peep your tank!
 
Buddha, got my Vlamingi ;-)

IMG_3463.jpg

Awsome looking tank!Cant wait to watch it grow. I love the school of anthias, and of course all the tangs!

I got myslef a baby one of these for my tank..it was called naso tang at lfs,hes about 2-3in right now....The problem is they get huge and my tank is less than 100gal!
Alot of character in the little guy... ..
 
I know it's an oldie but I Enjoyed this tank thread clean pics and that fish room rocked not too mention the tank I wanna upgrade too
 
Last edited:

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 17.6%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 5 29.4%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 23.5%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.9%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new