reefkeeper pc4 clicks loudly when turning off outlet

  • Thread starter Thread starter jld
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

jld

Active Member
View Badges
Joined
Aug 11, 2014
Messages
130
Reaction score
59
Location
ERIE, PA
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
heater on outlet 2 and the pb4 clicks super loud everytime it turns it off?

started doing this recently. ideas of what or why or longevity of that outlet now?

thanks
 
Last edited:
I don't remember the name of the type of outlet in the PB4, but I do remember they are a mechanical switch and do click.
@Brew12 might be able to answer better than I because I think he's an electrician
 
I can't find any documentation on the PB4 but if the internal relay is failing I'm not sure there is much you can do about it. Never a good sign when a mechanical relay changes in sound during operation.
 
the pb4 mechanical relays are 1 and 4 i have a dosing pump on each. plug 3 is my main return and 2 is my heater. my heater kicks on and off about ever half hour or so. 100watt neotherm. clicks everytime it turns off NOT on and started this month ago its a year plus old.
 
The triac outputs have no mechanical device to click. Something may be causing outlets one and four to toggle on and off.
 
ends up it us my neotherm 100 watt heater... time to replace i guess not taking a chance it blowing.
 
ends up it us my neotherm 100 watt heater... time to replace i guess not taking a chance it blowing.

I am glad you found out what it was.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH PART OF YOUR SETUP IS HARDEST TO REACH OR REMOVE FOR ROUTINE MAINTENANCE?

  • Glass behind or beside the tank

    Votes: 17 21.5%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 7 8.9%
  • Sump or rear filtration chambers

    Votes: 11 13.9%
  • Skimmer or other filtration equipment

    Votes: 10 12.7%
  • Overflow or plumbing

    Votes: 13 16.5%
  • Lights or lids

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mine is pretty easy to access!

    Votes: 20 25.3%
  • Other—tell us what I missed

    Votes: 1 1.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new