Reefled 90 mount issue.

  • Thread starter Thread starter cdemoss01
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

cdemoss01

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 8, 2023
Messages
6,273
Reaction score
21,726
Location
Roanoke
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,
I have two reefled 90s I wanna mount to my tank. Ive got two universal mount arms but the problem is my tank is rimmed. When I attempt to mount the light it leans over and is not stable at all. Is there a workaround or a different mount I could use? I have ceiling suspension kits but I'm unsure if I can do them due to restrictions.
 
I had a similar situation with different lights. I ended up installing a wire metal shelf above and hung the lights from it instead of the ceiling. Also gave me additional storage.
 
I had a similar situation with different lights. I ended up installing a wire metal shelf above and hung the lights from it instead of the ceiling. Also gave me additional storage.
Problem is I'm 15 and I have a mom who is self conscious about how her house looks. And my dad has no idea how to hang the lights either, Im using the red sea suspension kits.
 
I came up with an idea of using eyelets and attaching those to the lights. With that a carabineer type solution etc.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 4 3.3%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 9 7.3%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 24 19.5%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 39 31.7%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 10 8.1%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 17 13.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 9 7.3%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new