Reeflink Night Mode?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am looking for some clarification on this. What's the setting in Reeflink for "Night Mode" as compare to just using the EcoSmartTM Driver?

I see the verbiage of the following in the documentation...
NIGHT MODE Press and hold the MODE and SET buttons, pause, and then press and hold the MODE and SET buttons again. The control dial will breathe white and spin at 50% power for 10 hours (default setting), and then resume its set mode

1. What mode is that referring to? Constant speed mode? Lagoon? Other?
  2. I am assuming the 50% is the mode mentioned above?
Thanks

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly, the verbiage you stated is for activating the night mode as a stand alone with just the controller.
If you're using the Reef Link to program your Vortechs, then night mode is any time you want it to go into a lower speed mode. I normally just set it for constant speed at 20~25% but you can really use any mode you feel works for your tank.

OP
OP
reef-rc

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If I remember correctly, the verbiage you stated is for activating the night mode as a stand alone with just the controller.
If you're using the Reef Link to program your Vortechs, then night mode is any time you want it to go into a lower speed mode. I normally just set it for constant speed at 20~25% but you can really use any mode you feel works for your tank.

Thx @pecan2phat . Lack of documentation makes me wonder so I thought check.

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is what my MP10s look like using Reef Link, my constant speed mode is the night modes that I use. The percentage is slightly higher due to the anemone guards that I use, it diffuses the flow.

IMG_4200.JPG

OP
OP
reef-rc

reef-rc

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know if you have to keep the Reeflink powered on and connected to the internet all the time to ensure the "Daily Schedule" are running? Based on what I can tell it would seems Reeflink set and program the pump(s) and that's it. The execution of the Daily Schedule is happening within the pump. Is that accurate?

pecan2phat

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have never tried unplugging the Reef Link or disconnecting the WiFi on it during it's use but you can absolutely be correct because when I moved and set the Vortechs back up, they had the presets that I had used previously.
I'm sure someone will reply whether power and WiFi is needed to keep the program in place on the controller.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.2%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 25.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back