Reeflink not connecting to Vortech

DaddyO NJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just bought a new MP40W and a Reeflink to go with the one I bought 2 years ago. Cannot get the Reeflink to find the vortech. Tried hard reset and doesn't work.

Also tried the thing where I unplug and replug while holding down MODE and SET buttons. I get it to the controller flashing red and white. The next step is supposed to be holding down the middle button and the lights flashing Blue and Green, but it only flashes red and blue (i think). I cannot get back to that step now - the app does not find the reeflink.

Blitheran

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had the same problem. I emailed vortech and told them exact same thing as you. They told me to take apart the controller and check the connection on the wireless chip. Super easy to take apart the controller, just unscrew the three screws. pull the motherboard off, and the chip is a discolored blue on the top right, i believe.

OP
OP
D

DaddyO NJ

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds crazy fir a new product? What about voiding the warranty?

AZMSGT

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That sounds crazy fir a new product? What about voiding the warranty?
Your warranty will be fine. And it’s far from crazy.. lots of electronics sometimes need cards or chips reseated. Harsh handling can dislodge socketed electronics. Just don’t go fingering up everything when you remove the cover and make sure you ground yourself to clear any static electicity.

Hair Algae Wizard

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I realize this is a slightly older thread, but just an FYI, I had a similar issue with my MP60. The wireless chip was in fact loose, and re-seating enabled me to manage it via ReefLink.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 31.2%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back