OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I moved the ricordias rock just a bit so that it blocks the flow, then I go to wash my hands Come back and the power head it swinging around (suction cup came loose, I fixed it for good though) and my poor coral got sandblasted, and got my very own Mariana Trench! My toxic hammer was not happy…

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

tbrown

Nominated Cronie Intern - Might be failing?
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well not EVERYTHING he says just reef stuff. He knows his stuff in that aspect at least.
And even that is questionable at times.

Djimon Hounsou Reaction GIF by Wayward Pines

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good morning... powerhead seems to be working, cyano on the back wall is trying to hang on! Last time i went to my lfs they had a very nice torch... i really want it...

Fish Styx

In Cod We Crust
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Oh and i think you will like this @Fish Styx, they have some ORANGE hammers at my LFS... should i get one? they have been there for awhile, so i think i have plenty of time
Heck yeah, you should!

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. i guess something happened and the dinos started creeping up under the new power head. they colonized really quick. stupid little buggers. also do you think that you should really try to kill them them if they arent doing anything? they arent toxic. i also just raised phos nitrate, so hopefully that helps

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ugh. i guess something happened and the dinos started creeping up under the new power head. they colonized really quick. stupid little buggers. also do you think that you should really try to kill them them if they arent doing anything? they arent toxic. i also just raised phos nitrate, so hopefully that helps
Do you know which kind of dinos you have? Have you checked them out under a microscope. Different dinos require different ways to fix.

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you know which kind of dinos you have? Have you checked them out under a microscope. Different dinos require different ways to fix.
Yes, i have an ID on this thread somewhere. these have been hanging around for awhile now, I was hoping that they would just kinda start to get outcompeted. they havent caused a problem yet, hopefully it stays this way

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update time! So the powerhead created a trench on the back wall (i am fine filling it, not really a problem for me) and seems to be keeping the cyano from growing over by the Ricordia. Duncan really likes the new flow, getting super big, and a new head!! thats number 10!! no pics though... :frowning-face:

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hammer pics!
no filter
IMG_1172.jpeg

Orange filter
IMG_1173.jpeg

Which one is better?
No filter, bump the white balance up as high as it goes (closer to 10,000k).

Which one is more accurate? I'm guessing it's somewhere between the two?

OP
OP
Reeflix

Reeflix

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No filter, bump the white balance up as high as it goes (closer to 10,000k).

Which one is more accurate? I'm guessing it's somewhere between the two?
Honestly my camera almost nailed it. I just have one of those camera clip covers that you can get from the LFS. I didn’t do anything editing with my phone

tbrown

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Honestly my camera almost nailed it. I just have one of those camera clip covers that you can get from the LFS. I didn’t do anything editing with my phone
I was thinking the filter made it too yellow and the frag plug looks correct in the blue picture. Turn the white balance up some. Maybe try for like 3800 to 4750 and see if it takes some of the blue out? I don't think you need a filter.

How much do you care about having a display FREE of wires, pumps and equipment?

• Want it squeaky clean! Wires be danged!

Votes: 61 43.0%
  • A few things are ok with me!

Votes: 69 48.6%
  • No care at all! Bring it on!

Votes: 12 8.5%
Back