• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Reeflo pumps, 400 MH, Skimmer, CaReactor, Electronic ball valve, media reactor, icecap ballast

zachtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

400W MH reflector/ballast/bulbs (Lumen Bright by Coralvue)
$160 shipped per set, 3 full sets available (WI, Milwaukee)

Shipment includes:
-2 bulbs, XM 10K and a Reeflux 14K
-Dimmable 400W coralvue ballast
-lumen bright reflector

I no longer need these lights, and they are in great shape and are a great value ($375 new each set). Your cost payback vs. LED is still very strong and many of us are still torn that LED are not preferred by most corals. I mounted these about 14" from the water surface for a solid 24" x 24" coverage with 900-200 PAR in a 28" deep SPS reef tank, never had heat issues with that mounting height with a fan across the surface. The bulbs still have a year or two of life left, I changed them every year regardless of if they truly needed it, and saved all the bulbs in case of failure. Great value for a grow out tank, backup system or your primary tank.

//////////////////////////

Reeflo Barracuda return pump
$150 shipped, (WI, Milwaukee)

This pump is the sequence4600, which is now called the reeflo baracuda, same product, just new name. It's the high efficiency baldor motor, so the more expensive version ($450+). This is a WORKHORSE! They last forever if maintained. I replaced the bearings and seals about 5 years ago. It sounds pretty quiet right now, but as time goes on, used motors will get louder, meaning it's time to replace the bearings/seals again, easy and cheap fix when the time comes. Selling because I no longer need this kind of head pressure for a return at only 4 feet of head.

////////////////////

Hammerhead pump with custom controller - needs work
$150 shipped, (WI, Milwaukee)

This is a hammerhead impellor installed on a high quality 3 phase baldor motor (gold). It is controlled with a simple phase inverter, so you can plug into a regular outlet. The benefit is that the pump can have it's speed controlled (night mode, feed mode, surge mode etc). So if you are a tinkerer or want a fun simple arduino project, then you found your pump. A 3 phase inductive motor will last a lifetime if properly maintained. That being said, you will need to replace the bearings and seals because they rusted and seized up in storage. Once repaired, you have a $500+ pump! Operation can be a simple as tap up/down on the controller to change speed (with a linear drop in energy consumption). If you want a ready made controller, I can ship you the one I built that I used for years, no extra cost.

///////////////////

Icecap 660-009 T5 ballast
$55 shipped, (WI, Milwaukee)

This ballast works but I lost the wiring harness. There a few sites you can buy replacement harness if needed online for $25, and that is reflected in the price, still a great value.
http://www.saltycritter.com/lighting/icecap/icecap-ballast-harness-extension.htm

///////////////

Perfect for an arduino tinkerer! I picked this up for a custom project, but now realize I don't have the space in my tank room to do anything about it. The hayward valve is valued over $500, and they are more for commercial application. I think it should actuate in under a few seconds, so not really useful as a random flow device, but I intended to use it for a custom built surge device. So pump water up to a large 55 gallon drum, let it hit the float switch at the top, which triggers the valve to actuate, then it drains down to a low water level float switch which tells the valve to close again. Add an emergency overflow pipe at the top, and you have a massive surge with NO bubbles! Please share your build with me after you design something with it!

2" electronic ball valve
$125 shipped, (WI, Milwaukee)

///////////////

Zeovit media reactor (vertex)
$90 shipped, (WI, Milwaukee)

I used this for a few years with a DIY zeovit system, then it became a media reactor. You pump the handle to release the mulm/bacteria plankton that are grown on the zeolites. I found a quary where you can buy zeolites a few years ago, I can provide link if needed. The bottom has cracked plate, but not affect function or cause a leak etc. No pump provided, I used it tee'd off my return.

////////////////////

Skimmer body
$120 shipped, (WI, Milwaukee)

This custom skimmer is similar to SRO 3000int. I used it to maintain a heavily stocked 240G SPS reef for years. I recommend adding a bubble blaster 3000-HY. I used a 5000-HY pump and it was too much for this skimmer. I bought a shorter/stockier skimmer body and kept my pump because it's an awesome pump. Would have kept the skimmer if it fit under my new in wall stand. I suggest using as internal skimmer, but can be used external, I've ran it both ways. I can sell cheaper if you are in driving distance, residential shipping is killer on big/tall boxes.

////////////

Calcium Reactor - Custom Dual Chamber for large systems
$250 shipped, (WI, Milwaukee)
or
$165 shipped if do not want the CO2 cylinder (it's big and heavy)

This calcium reactor setup served as the lifeblood for my 240G SPS reef for 5 years. It was custom built and served me well. I am now experimenting with 3 part dosing, and decided to stop hoarding my old equipment. The setup has the mag2 recirculating pump, dual chambers, 25lb CO2 cylinder (heavy shipper!) and CO2 regulator. I am keeping the PH controller/probes, but those seem to sell seperately nowadays anyway. The only thing wrong is a slight hairline crack in the acrylic lid from the move, so maybe need to apply a thin line of acrylic glue to stop that from getting worse, and you need to make a new gasket for the lid. I used to use neoprene cut into a ring, and then use the screws to squeeze it down. Otherwise, you can do it the lazy way and just apply a silicone bead, screw it down then let it dry overnight. Either way, it's a $500 value, and I'm not asking much, so make an offer.

/////////////////////////

payment accepted via paypal: [email protected]
shipment via fedex with tracking info provided after payment within 7 days.

OP
OP
zachtos

zachtos

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is all boxed up and waiting for an offer. Still have pumps, media reactor, electronic ball valve and icecap ballast.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
I know ad is old- Still have the hammerhead Pump?

Reefing threads: Do you wear gear from reef brands?

• I wear reef gear everywhere.

Votes: 39 15.9%
  • I wear reef gear primarily at fish events and my LFS.

Votes: 14 5.7%
  • I wear reef gear primarily for water changes and tank maintenance.

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • I wear reef gear primarily to relax where I live.

Votes: 30 12.2%
  • I don’t wear gear from reef brands.

Votes: 143 58.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 18 7.3%
Back