Reeflo snapper hyrid/Dart----are they quiet?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Paul_N
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

Paul_N

MOD
View Badges
Joined
Jun 16, 2008
Messages
3,964
Reaction score
71
Location
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had my mind made up on getting a Laguna 2900 for a return pump so I could have it in sump. The sump I have is used and already drilled for an external and I am starting to think I might like the room in the sump so I have been considering getting a Reeflo Dart or Snapper Hybrid but have no Idea if they are noisy or not. How quiet do they run? My tank will be in my den and not in the living room so it doesn't have to be silent but I have heard some of the externals can be loud.

Thanks for any input...:bigsmile:
 
i run a dart and a barracuda on the same tank in my den. are they loud not really in my opinion. there is a hum to them and I dont even notice it.
 
I ran a couple darts and they just hum no noise really.... Although I used spa flex to plumb it and put a rubber mat under it just incase because I have read a couple times that they get noisey... The ones I ran thou just made a humming sound.... Btw you can run the lagunas external if ya wanted... I have a flowstar which is a 2900 laguna pump and it was designed to run exteranl although I run it in sump since I have the room...;)
 
I ran a couple darts and they just hum no noise really.... Although I used spa flex to plumb it and put a rubber mat under it just incase because I have read a couple times that they get noisey... The ones I ran thou just made a humming sound.... Btw you can run the lagunas external if ya wanted... I have a flowstar which is a 2900 laguna pump and it was designed to run exteranl although I run it in sump since I have the room...;)

I just emailed laguna a few days ago and this was their response:

"Paul,

All of the Laguna pumps need to be submerged in water and will not work externally.

Rick
Laguna Koi Ponds"

That was the way I was going to set it up but don't want to take a chance.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHICH TYPE OF REEF CONTENT MOST OFTEN GETS YOU TO PARTICIPATE?

  • Daniel's daily polls. They're awesome! 😎

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • A real troubleshooting problem

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Build-thread or tank-update posts

    Votes: 7 21.2%
  • Before-and-after progress photos

    Votes: 3 9.1%
  • Beginner questions

    Votes: 11 33.3%
  • Honest success or failure stories

    Votes: 8 24.2%
  • A post, update, or article from my favorite vendor

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Detailed how-to or educational discussions

    Votes: 9 27.3%
  • Tank tours and member showcases

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Local events, swaps, or meetups

    Votes: 5 15.2%
  • Other (Post in the comments)

    Votes: 7 21.2%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new