Reeflow ORCA Skimmer - covert to DC Pump

nitrodude

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen one done. But if you can get the plumbing pieces just spec out a similarly rated DC pump for it.

For skimmer cleaner avast makes a swabbie kit that works great. I actually have an extra kit I need to get listed for sale.

Those orcas are beasts. Do you have the big 250? Or the smaller 200? I loved mine-built like a tank. Regret selling it-but that thing sucked down 130w+ while its replacement is 30w. And half the noise lol

OP
OP
Hendrix

Hendrix

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Haven't seen one done. But if you can get the plumbing pieces just spec out a similarly rated DC pump for it.

For skimmer cleaner avast makes a swabbie kit that works great. I actually have an extra kit I need to get listed for sale.

Those orcas are beasts. Do you have the big 250? Or the smaller 200? I loved mine-built like a tank. Regret selling it-but that thing sucked down 130w+ while its replacement is 30w. And half the noise lol

Yes, I believe its the large one. Its on a 750 Gallon System - Display is 500G

Im worried about the Union that's glued to skimmer and finding a match. It was glued with no extra PVC exposed to reuse same Union on both sides and can't remove the skimmer side union.

vanpire

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have an ORCA 250 and would like to know what you will do. I see what you are saying about the unions but they do seem like standard unions so it might not be that hard to match.

Managing real reef risks: Do you pay attention to the dangers in your tank?

• I pay a lot of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 110 43.5%
  • I pay a bit of attention to reef risks.

Votes: 85 33.6%
  • I pay minimal attention to reef risks.

Votes: 41 16.2%
  • I pay no attention to reef risks.

Votes: 13 5.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 1.6%
Back