Reefmat 1200 (Weird setup idea)

fraser32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Desperately want to setup a reefmat but my return chamber in my sump isnt big enough. Had a thought to just throw it in the main middle sump section and chuck in a pump that just feeds the reefmat? Thoughts if this will be effective or not? Obviously wont be as effective at catching waste immediately after feeds etc?

Reefmat.png

OP
OP
F

fraser32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just clarifying, by pumping return water do you mean that it will be sucking alot of Waste up?

dmsc2fs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why not move your plumbing so that it flows directly into the reefmat and skip the current return chamber? You could leave the emergency drain in the current return chamber and add another gated valve off the return to allow a small amount of water to flow into the current return chamber if you wish to retain it for water volume reasons or other gear in that chamber. Or you could have our ATS or other reactor return back into the current chamber to keep water moving through it.

OP
OP
F

fraser32

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
why not move your plumbing so that it flows directly into the reefmat and skip the current return chamber? You could leave the emergency drain in the current return chamber and add another gated valve off the return to allow a small amount of water to flow into the current return chamber if you wish to retain it for water volume reasons or other gear in that chamber. Or you could have our ATS or other reactor return back into the current chamber to keep water moving through it.
I thought about this, I think my baffles will mean water won be flowing to the skimmer section adequately.
Below is a picture of my current setup. (Theres another baffle between the skimmer and the sock chamber but forgot to draw it in haha)

Sump design.png

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back