Reefmat 250 vs 500. Selection question

  • Thread starter Thread starter butesch
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

butesch

Community Member
View Badges
Joined
Sep 5, 2014
Messages
57
Reaction score
20
Location
Independence, MO
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a Reefer 250 but had a trigger custom sump made which is about 14 gallons. So I have a great amount of space in my first chamber and can fit either unit there. The price difference isn’t that much and the 500 is actually shorter so I’d have better clearance on the top. Width isn’t an issue for me. At the moment I just have 3 fish and about 10 corals. I don’t want overkill per se but thoughts ?
 
Well if the price difference is minimal, and you don't care about the sump space difference, I say go for it! I like to always go one size up anyway.

As for overkill, sure yea. Just means your rolls should last longer.
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT IS THE LOUDEST PART OF YOUR REEF SYSTEM?

  • Return pump

    Votes: 1 4.8%
  • Powerheads or wavemakers

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Protein skimmer

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Overflow or drain

    Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Sump vibration or plumbing

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Cooling fans

    Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Dosing, ATO, or other equipment

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing. My reef is surprisingly quiet

    Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Other (Tell us what makes the noise)

    Votes: 0 0.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new