Reefmat replacement rolls

  • Thread starter Thread starter AJB1
  • Start date Start date
  • Tagged users Tagged users None

AJB1

New Member
View Badges
Joined
Jul 10, 2024
Messages
7
Reaction score
1
Location
BC
What state or country do you live in
Canada
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone found a cheaper alternative for replacement rolls?
 
There are some slightly cheaper knock off versions on AliExpress such as "Ocean Wonder", but I have no experience with them.
 
My average daily use is 11.7 cm, which means a 35 metre roll lasts 300 days. That's not expensive. How much are you getting through?
 
I have used the ocean wonders they clog a little quicker and reduce skim production for a few after advancing. I carbon dose so that plays a role on usage.
 
My average daily use is 11.7 cm, which means a 35 metre roll lasts 300 days. That's not expensive. How much are you getting through?
Was size tank and do you feed much? I have a 500 on a reefer 300 with 4 fish fed twice a day and I get approximately 30ish days out of a roll. My daily average is 30 inches / 76cm.
 
My avg is about 20” a day in a 210 DT this is on the Precon rolls.
Every now and then I have one rip on me…it will jam and then eventually rip. When this happens I end up cleaning the rollers. (This has happened 3 times over the last yr or so)
 
Was size tank and do you feed much? I have a 500 on a reefer 300 with 4 fish fed twice a day and I get approximately 30ish days out of a roll. My daily average is 30 inches / 76cm.
It's a Reefer 525 and a reefmat 1200. It's not heavily stocked, and I do try to avoid over feeding. It's not always been that settled - when I had an ostreopsis infestation I was getting through a roll a week. It goes up when I clean the glass, obviously. I wonder if my UV is making a difference.

Screenshot_20241129_162913_ReefBeat.jpg
 
I have used the ocean wonders they clog a little quicker and reduce skim production for a few after advancing. I carbon dose so that plays a role on usage.
Does this mean the fabric is releasing some oils into the water?

Any experience with the Red Sea branded ones off AliExpress?
 
Im not sure what it releases but definitely reduces skimate for a bit opposed to the klir rolls that make my skimmer go nuts on advancement. The red sea reefmat from ali seem to be the same as what I get here. All in all if I didn’t carbon dose heavily I think I would be just as happy with the ocean wonders matt
 

TOP 10 Trending Threads

WHAT CHANGED THE MOST IN A FISH AS IT MATURED IN YOUR REEF?

  • Size or body shape

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • Color or pattern

    Votes: 3 15.0%
  • Personality or confidence

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Aggression or territorial behavior

    Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Feeding habits

    Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Social behavior or bonding

    Votes: 4 20.0%
  • It really hasn’t changed much

    Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Something else (Tell us what I didn't think of)

    Votes: 1 5.0%
Back
Top
Home
Post thread…
Market
What's new