Reefmat Won't Connect Red Sea No Response

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody having problems getting Reefmat 500 to connect to Reef Beat app? I installed mine a week ago and it shows up in wifi on my iphone, go back to app, hit ''next'' and it spins for at least 5 minutes then says ''cannot connect." I had paid my LFS to install and he came back and he couldn't get it to connect either. I wrote Red Sea and got one response saying to reset it which I did but it didn't work so have written them back 3 times now and no response. Bummed out. Spent almost 500 dollars on this thing. Some one on the Red Sea FB group said they had same issue and RS sent them a new motor but I can't get RS to respond. I have the RS dosers, lights, and wave makers on the app and no problems with them. Any suggestions on fixing this or getting hold of them? Thanks so much.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Support tickets have been the best (and quickest) way to reach Red Sea. I haven't seen the ReefMat in-person, but there's a manual controller for it, yes? I've had issues with ReefWave controllers failing in the past and that made the unit unresponsive and unable to connect to ReefBeat.

OP
OP
B

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Support tickets have been the best (and quickest) way to reach Red Sea. I haven't seen the ReefMat in-person, but there's a manual controller for it, yes? I've had issues with ReefWave controllers failing in the past and that made the unit unresponsive and unable to connect to ReefBeat.
I started a support ticket and they replied once told me to reset which i did and it didn't work and now no response from them to my support ticket. No manual controller for the reefmat, all done thru app, which won't connect. There is a manual advance for the roll thankfully.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started a support ticket and they replied once told me to reset which i did and it didn't work and now no response from them to my support ticket. No manual controller for the reefmat, all done thru app, which won't connect. There is a manual advance for the roll thankfully.
So the bluetooth (assuming bluetooth?) component is in the sensor module on the side?

knockout

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a feeling there was a bad update published recently, I don't have my reefmat yet,but I just had to reset the wifi settings on 3 reefdose4, all disconnected and were unable to connect until I redid the settings, luckily the dosages and schedules were restored

ReneMiami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same issue. New reefmat not connecting to wifi. Opening a ticket now

ReneMiami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am having the same issue. New reefmat not connecting to wifi. Opening a ticket now

DeepintheReef

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to connect two separate reefmats to my app on separate days and locations/tanks. Hopefully RedSea is able to resolve it, but definitely open a support ticket.

OP
OP
B

btltez

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Red Sea finally responded but she kept sending me copy and paste things to try which none of them did. Tried setting up new aquarium, resets, offline connects, etc etc so finally they are sending me a new motor I get it Friday hopefully it will work. Meanwhile the paper roll has gone so fast because of all the automatic rolling I've had to do.

ReneMiami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Let us know how it goes
I still am in the back and forth with Readsea. One email per day is all they do. They are blaming my wifi. The thing is that I have 2 reefdose and 2 reefwaves connected to my wifi with no issues. I am getting tired already. I will keep you posted.

i_found_nemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am also having trouble connecting...just got my reefmat today.. been trying for hours. I keep getting "unknown error occurred." Def not how I envisioned my reefmat debut

Last edited:

ReneMiami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.... Successful connection now.
Per Redsea:
"every time you attempt to re-onboard the ReefMat, you must "Forget" the previously made WiFi connection and re-enter the word "password". If you do not do this, then you will be unable to connect the device."
So in my cellphone I went to WIFI and hit "forget network" and closed all the apps including REEFBEAT app.
In my router I hit "forget device".
Rebooted my router.
Started the process again and the Reefmat connected to my network and Reefbeat app as expected.
I hope that helps. Good luck and Happy reefing.

i_found_nemo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Update.... Successful connection now.
Per Redsea:
"every time you attempt to re-onboard the ReefMat, you must "Forget" the previously made WiFi connection and re-enter the word "password". If you do not do this, then you will be unable to connect the device."
So in my cellphone I went to WIFI and hit "forget network" and closed all the apps including REEFBEAT app.
In my router I hit "forget device".
Rebooted my router.
Started the process again and the Reefmat connected to my network and Reefbeat app as expected.
I hope that helps. Good luck and Happy reefing.
Glad everything worked out! How did you “forget device” via your router? And what was your technique for rebooting your router?

ReneMiami

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Glad everything worked out! How did you “forget device” via your router? And what was your technique for rebooting your router?
I have a UNIFI network that lets me find any connected devices and click on "forget device". I then hit "reboot" on that same network and it will reboot my router.
On traditional router I guess you could hard reset your reefmat by pressing the button 15 seconds, then disconnect your router for few seconds and power back on again.

James Emory

Orphek
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was able to connect two separate reefmats to my app on separate days and locations/tanks. Hopefully RedSea is able to resolve it, but definitely open a support ticket.
Now you guys are scaring me. Mine is sitting in a box waiting to get installed. I don't want to have to press manual advance every time should the app not connect.

blaxsun

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now you guys are scaring me. Mine is sitting in a box waiting to get installed. I don't want to have to press manual advance every time should the app not connect.
I suspect it's no more difficult than setting up a ReefLED or ReefWave, so no need to panic (yet). :beaming-face-with-smiling-eyes:

Form or function: Do you consider your rock work to be art or the platform for your coral?

• Primarily art focused.

Votes: 20 7.8%
  • Primarily a platform for coral.

Votes: 45 17.5%
  • A bit of each - both art and a platform.

Votes: 174 67.7%
  • Neither.

Votes: 12 4.7%
  • Other.

Votes: 6 2.3%
Back